PDA

View Full Version : Free blog hosts

Phil Airtime
November 1st, 2007, 11:29 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for a free place to host a blog away from my own website. I know of all the big ones like vox.com, wordpress.com, blogspot.com and the like... I wondered if anyone here knew of any more off-the-beaten track ones.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be gratefully accepted. I host my own blog on my own site with Wordpress, but I'm looking for something a bit less connected to my real identity!

Thanks.

Nano Geek
November 1st, 2007, 11:38 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for a free place to host a blog away from my own website. I know of all the big ones like vox.com, wordpress.com, blogspot.com and the like... I wondered if anyone here knew of any more off-the-beaten track ones.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be gratefully accepted. I host my own blog on my own site with Wordpress, but I'm looking for something a bit less connected to my real identity!

Thanks.Any reason why you don't want to use a mainstream bloging site?

Phil Airtime
November 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM
All the catchy names are taken. I'd end up having one not dissimilar to your user name!

Nano Geek
November 1st, 2007, 11:43 PM
All the catchy names are taken. I'd end up having one not dissimilar to your user name!:) Yea, I guess you would. I'm afraid that I can't think of any, but just make sure that you can find a reputable site that gives it the OK before you send any personal information to it.

JacobRogers
November 1st, 2007, 11:45 PM
I disagree that all the good names are taken. I was astonished at the titles I was able to secure for my blogs.