PDA

View Full Version : No Hoary CDs

Dana
August 26th, 2005, 05:21 AM
I never received the CDs I ordered for the new Ubuntu release... don't know how many months ago. They were ordered just after the release. I recall my Warty CDs were also very late in arriving... so long I had forgotten that I had ordered them.
I don't have broadband so is there a way I can check on my order status?

Thanks... Dana

Dana
August 26th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Well... I checked ShipIt and they have the correct information for my account. I noticed my Warty CDs did not ship until December which was long after I ordered them. Not sure whether I should go ahead and try reordering or not.

Dana

drizek
August 26th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Well... I checked ShipIt and they have the correct information for my account. I noticed my Warty CDs did not ship until December which was long after I ordered them. Not sure whether I should go ahead and try reordering or not.

Dana
honestly, it would take less time to download them on dialup than it would to ship them. also, breezy is coming out in a couple months, so you might want to just stick with warty or whatever you are using now and wait for that to come out.

Mighty Mik
August 29th, 2005, 01:55 PM
They're *still* shipping...i got some about 10 days ago or so. And yes...i did order them just after release. THAT has to get fixed on the next release.

Brunellus
August 29th, 2005, 02:57 PM
They're *still* shipping...i got some about 10 days ago or so. And yes...i did order them just after release. THAT has to get fixed on the next release.
I do believe demand is vastly outstripping both supply and processing capacity. a victim of its own success?

Dana
August 30th, 2005, 05:12 AM
I'm not going to complain given the free shipping. But it sure can take a l-o-n-g time.

Dana

Parkaboy
August 31st, 2005, 02:58 AM
Not long before I received hoary, a message appeared on shipit saying that they had send the cds and when.

It took me two months to receive it in Uruguay (South America)

ubuntp
August 31st, 2005, 06:32 PM
I received my ~30 CDs yesterday. I ordered them about 6 weeks ago.