PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Lets Create a Theme

Gremlinzzz
November 1st, 2007, 05:02 PM
We all complain about ubuntu theme at one time or another so lets create a ubuntu theme.I'm going to suggest one button menu. which i use since i discovered it.heres a shot of it .ubuntu icon.
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=48706&stc=1&d=1193932908

n3tfury
November 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM
what

Gremlinzzz
November 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM
what

add something to the theme:lolflag:

Gremlinzzz
November 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM
add something to the theme:lolflag:

ok so far i have a one button menu and a what. not much of a theme. i
guess its easier to complain than create.OK:lolflag: i quit lets not create a theme.

igknighted
November 1st, 2007, 05:40 PM
ok so far i have a one button menu and a what. not much of a theme. i
guess its easier to complain than create.OK:lolflag: i quit lets not create a theme.

You thought up the idea 30 minutes ago, and now you are quitting? Last I checked it takes longer than 30min to build a theme. Also, it's lunch break... I was out getting food!

I agree with you and posted this sentiment in the other thread about ditching human. But this a months long process to build a new theme, and there will be lots of people who don't like whatever the final product is. But I think it's a worthy task none the less. At least to build something and propose it, even if it doesn't get used. It's always good to stir the pot and make people consider.

sistoviejo
November 1st, 2007, 10:49 PM
We all complain about ubuntu theme at one time or another so lets create a ubuntu theme.I'm going to suggest one button menu. which i use since i discovered it.heres a shot of it .ubuntu icon.
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=48706&stc=1&d=1193932908

is the wallpaper supposed to be part of the theme?
it's halloween theme! :lolflag:

bruce89
November 1st, 2007, 11:08 PM
I'm going to suggest one button menu. which i use since i discovered it.heres a shot of it .ubuntu icon.

Right click on panel>Add to panel>Main Menu.

Ultra Magnus
November 1st, 2007, 11:31 PM
I like the 3 Menu system, it works well with the two panels....

I think the main complaint people have is that the default theme is brown... which is understandable... On the otherhand the reasoning for having the brown theme is good... and it does make it more "warm" than the default themes you get in other OS' (which I think someone described as being like kitchware).

I think the theme does need to be changed somewhat - GTK media players do look rather plain and dull and it makes Ubuntu look a bit 90s..ish - but at the same time it would be good to keep the "warm" look that is kind of Ubuntus trademark