PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Firefox Issues

lifewithryan
October 31st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Is anyone else experiencing an odd occurrence with Firefox on Gusty where it opens TONS of tabs?

I haven't nailed down what I'm doing exactly, but when I open a new tab via "Ctrl+T" I will occasionally get upwards of 15 new tabs. (one time it opened about 72).

It happens frequently but I can't seem to figure out if I'm tapping another key or what? Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior.

--Ryan

moria6
November 1st, 2007, 01:42 AM
lifewithryan:

I'm running gutsy on three machines and have yet to see that behavior with firefox. Could it be a keybounce problem with the "T" key? Does it happen when you're using an editor or Open Office?

Just a shot in the dark. I tried googling for the problem with different variations for phrasing and came up with nothing but how to use tabbed browsing.

Wish I could be more help.

maurie

Ek0nomik
November 1st, 2007, 06:54 AM
I know this is of no help whatsoever, but I haven't experienced that problem before.

I tried doing a few searches but I was able to find anything.

Could a config file possibly be borked? Seems odd, but perhaps a uninstall and reinstall of Firefox could solve the issue? (I'm sure you know how to backup the .default folder)

lifewithryan
November 2nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not that worried about it...I've noticed it when I alt+tab sometimes too...so its like my keys are sticking (they're not...) but that's the behavior I am seeing.

I'm thinking its more of a user issue than anything else. Since I'm seeing this issue on my laptop, it could be that my onboard ATI card is just a bit slow for some of the Compiz stuff...

again, not that worried... :)