PDA

View Full Version : Sombody else is missing the image viewer of Feisty?

Kosimo
October 31st, 2007, 11:43 AM
After a while using Gutsy I couldn't get used to the new Image viewer. In my opinion is just a step back from Feisty.

In GNOME 2.18 I could open a image, make a zoom by moving the scroll wheel, move the zoom area with a simple left click...

Here in GNOME 2.20 I can't make zoom with scroll wheel, I need to go to zoom button each time and then I need to hit the scroll button in order to move the zoom area..

Hmmm... I don't really like it.

23meg
October 31st, 2007, 11:49 AM
I need to go to zoom button each time and then I need to hit the scroll button in order to move the zoom area..

It zooms when you hold Ctrl and move the scroll wheel, and to move around, just press and hold the left button. I find it better than the old behaviour.

Kosimo
October 31st, 2007, 11:52 AM
It zooms when you hold Ctrl and move the scroll wheel, and to move around, just press and hold the left button. I find it better than the old behaviour.

Didn't know that. Thank you.

Anyway I still don't like it. Cuz this forces me to use two hands to make what in GNOME 2.18 is possible to do with just one hand.

Why do you like it better?

23meg
October 31st, 2007, 12:16 PM
I take that back; I don't. I thought it now defaulted to using the scroll view to switch between multiple images, and it doesn't; that was gThumb.