PDA

View Full Version : Event - TechMixer 4.0

crane
October 31st, 2007, 04:49 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know about the upcoming TechMixer.
It will be Tuesday Nov. 6 at the Innovation Depot (http://www.innovationdepot.net/) in Birmingham Alabama.
Click to get directions from where you are (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&dq=innovation+depot+loc:+Birmingham,+AL&daddr=1500+1st+Ave+N,+Birmingham,+AL+35203&geocode=12735639352066199681,33.511111,-86.812631&ll=33.511111,-86.812631&iwstate1=dir:to&iwloc=A&f=d)

This is more a a Social meeting where Birmingham Techies can meet and greet. We will not be setting a booth up for this event. We will just mingle with area techies/IT/Geeks and spread the word.

We will set up a booth at the Tech Mixer in February. So we plan to start all planning and preparations with in the next coupe of weeks. We really want to set up a professional looking booth and could use everyone's help.
For more info on the Tech Mixers go to Tech Birmingham (http://www.techbirmingham.com/default.aspx?id=171)and check it out.

Please let us know if your planning on attending.

crane
November 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Just a bump to remind everyone about the Mixer tonight between 5:30pm and 8:00pm.
See above for details.

See you guys tonight.

urbanfabric
November 6th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I'll be attending tonight's mixer. :cool:

crane
November 7th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Woo Hoo, I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to the next one where we will set up a booth.

urbanfabric
November 7th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I didn't make it out. :(

Stopped by the local BP to fill up and gas was $3.06 a gallon. I thought I better conserve and not make any unnecessary trips.

If you need help with setting things up in Feb. I'll be happy to do so however.

Ken

michaelramm
November 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Think about me coming from Tuscaloosa!!

Oh well, at least I met someone close to me that we can carpool to Birmingham for BALU meetings and TechMixers.

I saw that you joined the LP and mailing list...GREAT!

Come by the IRC room tomorrow night around 9pm and sit in on our weekly meeting and introduce yourself.

Be sure to let me know your name and location, and I will add you to the Google Map that we have.

Welcome to the AL Team!
Michael

urbanfabric
November 7th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Name: Ken Webb

Looking forward to helping spread the word on this fantastic distro that is Ubuntu. 8)

cyberdork33
November 7th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Think about me coming from Tuscaloosa!!

Oh well, at least I met someone close to me that we can carpool to Birmingham for BALU meetings and TechMixers.

I saw that you joined the LP and mailing list...GREAT!

Come by the IRC room tomorrow night around 9pm and sit in on our weekly meeting and introduce yourself.

Be sure to let me know your name and location, and I will add you to the Google Map that we have.

Welcome to the AL Team!
Michael
I wasn't about to come down from Huntsville.

MerlinsLair
November 8th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Yeah, the increasing rise (once again) on the price of gas is gonna be a nixer on a lot of folks. Can't blame anyone for that. Crap, I'm off work due to my recent back surgery and even though I do have sick days left...the price of gas makes me reconsider managing my trips to pretty much anywhere.

Thankfully, we all do have internet access so that's a somewhat better alternative for the time being.