PDA

View Full Version : Every time I ask something here, I also try to answer someone else's question

the_it
October 30th, 2007, 05:45 PM
For example, if I post a topic about some buggy open office thingy, I make it a point to scan the forums for at least one question i can help out, and at least post an answer to that person.

I know i'm not the best at helping people but I feel like I want to give at least a tiny thing back, so I made it my policy to help someone for each question i ask. Not all my questions do get answered here, and i eventually forget about some of them, but i suppose it makes my visit worthwhile if i help someone else too.

Anyone else do this here?

bruce89
October 30th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I don't ask questions.

I don't answer many either.

jr.gotti
October 30th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I don't ask questions.

I don't answer many either.

Lmao! you just...are.

bruce89
October 30th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Lmao! you just...are.

I post words that don't say anything, that's why my bean count it a bit too high.

TameLion
October 30th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Ahh.. the online equivalent of going around the world, popping your head round every door you find and announcing, "Hello. I am here" before promptly exiting. I like.

aysiu
October 30th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I used to help out more, but now I find the questions are bit too difficult.

We used to get a lot more easy questions like "How do I install software?" or "How do I mount my Windows partition?"

Now we don't get those easy questions as much. I think it's a combination of Ubuntu getting easier to figure out and coming with more GUI frontends for things and the forums integrating the auto-search for similar threads when you start a new thread.

So now, if I'm lucky, I can answer one or two support threads a day. My just-beyond-novice Ubuntu skills can't handle the kinds of questions that get posted now (mainly hardware support hacks or Compiz-Fusion implementation issues).