PDA

View Full Version : The Coffee Thread

ThinkBuntu
October 30th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I love coffee, quite simply. I just took a Pepcid (swallowed it with coffee actually) and having acid & gas, I'm like a smoker with athsma :^) although coffee won't kill me. How do you like your coffee? Good coffee shops? Etc. etc. go to town.

sanderella
October 30th, 2007, 02:46 PM
At the risk of being accused of advertising I like Kenco coffee, Columbian, Brazilian or Costa Rican. Yum :popcorn:

-grubby
October 30th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I usually put french vanilla creamer in. In my town a gas station (Conaco supplies the best coffee

popch
October 30th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Espresso only. Hot, black, sweet.

SOULRiDER
October 30th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I like ti with tons of sugar :P

tageiru
October 30th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Espresso mostly and cappuccino when I am in the mood.

I would never ruin coffee by putting sugar in it.

MariusSilverwolf
October 30th, 2007, 03:38 PM
When I have the time and luxury, I prefer to make it at home. Most work days, though, I settle for grabbing coffee at work. So I have two methods.

Home:
Brothers whole beans, either Hawaiian Blend or Fog Lifter. Grind at coarse setting in my burr mill grinder, make the coffee in my French Press. Grab a mug, dump 3 teaspoons of sugar in the bottom, cover with French Vanilla creamer, pour coffee into the mug, and stir.

Work:
Stalk Seattle's Best until they open, either get a Cafe au Lait and add 4 packets of Splenda and a 2 second pour of Half and Half, or order a Coldbrewed Marble Mocha with a touch of whipped cream, add a 1 second pour of Half and Half, ans stir the whipped cream into the coffee.

I limit myself to only that coffee throughout the day, though, so I don't suffer withdrawal on my days off.

crimesaucer
October 30th, 2007, 04:22 PM
- When I can spare $5.00 on a coffee:

Triple Latte, regular milk, cinnamon in the foam, and stir in 3 or 4 sugars.

- When I can spare $5.00 on a coffee and am in that hippy mood:

Chai Latte.

- When I can only spare $2.00 bucks in a nice coffee shop:

Large Organic Dark French Roasted coffee (preferably drip coffee)... with half/half and 6 sugars.

- When I only have a dollar, and am filling the gas tank:

Ghetto Gas Station Coffee with the French Vanilla creamers and lots of sugar...

eljoeb
October 30th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Its annoying to hear but: I like my coffee like I like my men: decaf, with cream and sugar.

Actually, I'm not particular; I prefer it black no matter what, though. I have a special place in my heart for Dunkin Donuts coffee.

RAV TUX
October 30th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I love coffee, quite simply. I just took a Pepcid (swallowed it with coffee actually) and having acid & gas, I'm like a smoker with athsma :^) although coffee won't kill me. How do you like your coffee? Good coffee shops? Etc. etc. go to town.

No cheap coffee shop coffee shop for me. Also NO dairy products in my coffee.

I buy fresh beans and grind them in my coffee grinder and brew them in my French Press.

I would like to take this one step further and start roasting my own beans.

I prefer Hawaiian beans.

I like my coffee black with Splenda.

Seti
October 30th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I like my double espresso allongeé in the morning, with 2 sugars. I use a good brand. I used to grind my beans, and am thinking of going back to doing that.

OldTimeTech
October 31st, 2007, 12:04 AM
I can beat you all....

My next door neighbor roasts beans in her specially equipped gas grill. I get two pounds of Ethiopian Dark Roast every two weeks. And it makes heavenly smelling and absolutely the best tasting (even beats Starbu$).

Then I use real cream, 2 tbsp...no sugar

OHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh Wwwwoooooooowwwww Fantastic Coffee!!

::guitar:

aimran
October 31st, 2007, 12:46 AM
- When I can spare $5.00 on a coffee and am in that hippy mood:

Chai Latte.

- When I can only spare $2.00 bucks in a nice coffee shop:

Chai is tea isn't it?

My poison? Latte :3. I know, weak. But there are not many coffee shops out there that sells real good coffee so I generally go for the safest bet, latte.

Don't need the caffeine, just the aroma :).

Best coffee I've tasted is Sulawesian coffee...

crimesaucer
October 31st, 2007, 01:21 AM
Chai is tea isn't it?

My poison? Latte :3. I know, weak. But there are not many coffee shops out there that sells real good coffee so I generally go for the safest bet, latte.

Don't need the caffeine, just the aroma :).

Best coffee I've tasted is Sulawesian coffee...

Chai is definitely tea, but I consider a Chai Latte more of a coffee drink than a tea.

When I think of teas, I think of Earl Gray with milk and sugar, or Chamomile tea with honey... and mint tea with lemon and honey. Even Black Berry teas and other spicy teas like cinnamon spice or orange and lemon zest.

When I think of Coffee shops, I think of 4 drinks... lattes, mochas, regular coffees, and chai lattes.

original_jamingrit
October 31st, 2007, 05:14 AM
I usually drink Colombian, dark roast.

Real men; like cowboys, lumberjacks, and assembly programmers; drink coffee black and without cream or sweetener,

As for where, I usually go to the student run coffee shop on my campus, although it's always cheaper brewing your own.

-grubby
October 31st, 2007, 05:22 AM
Real men; like cowboys, lumberjacks, and assembly programmers; drink coffee black and without cream or sweetener,

:lolflag:

multifaceted
October 31st, 2007, 05:30 AM
What can I say.... Dunkin Donuts coffee is a perfect cup of coffee...
(And, that way I don't have to order in Fratalian...)

Just kidding... For me, I like very light sugar and double the cream.

santiagoward2000
October 31st, 2007, 05:36 AM
I can't say no to an Italian Cappuccino
http://www.blackjava.ca/beverages/flavored-cappuccino.jpg

If not, just black coffee with 2 sugar spoons.

Incense
October 31st, 2007, 06:44 AM
I worked in a coffee shop for a few years, and Rav Tux has it down.

Grind your own beans, and use a french press. Freshly ground French roast, or a good Kona blend black from a press will make any day good! Also wouldn't say no to an extra foamy latte!

sanderella
October 31st, 2007, 11:31 AM
I usually drink Colombian, dark roast.

As for where, I usually go to the student run coffee shop on my campus, although it's always cheaper brewing your own.

Canadian Rocky Mountain Roasters is very good, too, and you can buy it on the Internet - just Google it. :KS

beercz
October 31st, 2007, 12:19 PM
This is my kind of thread!! See my avatar :-)

I prefer mine black - pure and simple.

Kosimo
October 31st, 2007, 12:22 PM
Buongiorno. As a Italian, I can say I drink real espresso with cream.

This is the way I do it almost every day:

http://kosimo.googlepages.com/bialetti.jpg

crimesaucer
October 31st, 2007, 06:19 PM
I worked in a coffee shop for a few years, and Rav Tux has it down.

Grind your own beans, and use a french press. Freshly ground French roast, or a good Kona blend black from a press will make any day good! Also wouldn't say no to an extra foamy latte!

I find that a Stove top espresso maker (pictured in that post above) is much better than a French press for home use... (I'm drinking coffee from a French Press as I write this)

Plus, they are great on a camping stove when out in the middle of the wilderness.

But my favorite is when a coffee shop/roaster has a large selection of roasted beans (preferably organic), and their coffees are all fresh drip coffees that are ground to order.

ThinkBuntu
October 31st, 2007, 06:33 PM
I'm a big fan of Rwanda Humbre coffee. Very smooth and full with chocolate tones. And always black, of course. I agree with Orwell about putting sugar in [coffee] (well, he refers to tea, but the concept is the same):

Lastly, tea — unless one is drinking it in the Russian style — should be drunk without sugar. I know very well that I am in a minority here. But still, how can you call yourself a true tealover if you destroy the flavour of your tea by putting sugar in it? It would be equally reasonable to put in pepper or salt.

Tea is meant to be bitter, just as beer is meant to be bitter. If you sweeten it, you are no longer tasting the tea, you are merely tasting the sugar; you could make a very similar drink by dissolving sugar in plain hot water.

Some people would answer that they don't like tea in itself, that they only drink it in order to be warmed and stimulated, and they need sugar to take the taste away. To those misguided people I would say: Try drinking tea without sugar for, say, a fortnight and it is very unlikely that you will ever want to ruin your tea by sweetening it again.

santiagoward2000
November 9th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Look at what I'm about to drink!

ticopelp
November 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Look at what I'm about to drink!

Looks great!

*goes off to make a fresh pot of coffee*

santiagoward2000
November 9th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Looks great!

*goes off to make a fresh pot of coffee*

Was great! Too bad it's already gone :(

alwiap
November 9th, 2007, 08:54 PM
this got me in the mood to make a pot of coffee.... damn you :)

i actually am on a Dunkin Donuts coffee kick, not going to Dunkin Donuts, but actually they have a ground coffee that isn't bad. I usually grind my own but the grinder broke so I've been buying ground already.

My brother lives in Maui and every time I go visit him he has some insane Kona coffee every morning that will knock you off your feet and taste like heaven. Now I really need to go make a pot of coffee!

santiagoward2000
November 9th, 2007, 09:27 PM
this got me in the mood to make a pot of coffee.... damn you :)

:oops: Sorry about that! If someone told me how, I'd attatch a coffee to this post! :lolflag:

herbster
November 9th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I drink about 3-4 cups per week. The thing with me is I can never drink a cup right away, it usually takes me several hours to finish a cup. I have a few sips, 30 minutes or an hour will go by, I go and heat it up again, repeat. I am a savor-holic, I just have to know that there is more coffee left in the cup, hehe :D

sailor2001
November 9th, 2007, 10:11 PM
whimps! Chickory coffee with 3 beignets ... no cream or sugar

roachk71
November 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
I prefer to brew an espresso from Hi-Rev. Add some creamer, and I'm ready to go. :guitar:

On the label is printed, "No Wimps Allowed."