PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendations for new monitor

jimrz
October 30th, 2007, 03:05 AM
I have a Dell xps410 with GeForce 7900GS 256 Mb PCI-E card using a dvi connector and am currently using a ViewSonic VX2025wm monitor. Unfortunately this monitor, although it works perfectly in XP and both fiesty and gutsy using the "nv" driver, refuses to work with the restricted "nvidia" driver in either gutsy or feisty. I have searched and googled and found lots of different ideas and tried combinations of suggestions but all to no avail. I have now decided that, rather than waste any more time/effort/frustration on this, I am going to just replace the monitor. Can anyone with other hardware similar to the above recommend a good 20.1 - 22" widescreen monitor that will support 1680x1050 resolution running gutsy and using the "nvidia drivers AND that either "just works" or requires minimal configuring to get it going?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

-grubby
October 30th, 2007, 03:38 AM
don't you think that's a little specific?

jimrz
October 30th, 2007, 04:06 AM
don't you think that's a little specific?

point taken, but the rest of the hardware is not going to change for a while and I have gotten really spoiled by this big screen. My other box has a 19" Samsung LCD that is quite nice and if a cannot locate what I am looking for I will probably go that route on this one, but thought I would ask around a bit first. Would consider changing vid cards, but numerous posts indicate that that will not solve the problem. Now I just need to find one that will allow me to get 3D acceleration and all will be well.