PDA

View Full Version : SongMeanings

GStubbs43
October 29th, 2007, 01:18 AM
SongMeanings was created when we saw a void in most of the lyric sites around -- they didn't have any user interaction.
You goto the site, get your lyrics and that's about it. We're different.

We allow users to post their comments about their favorite (and not so favorite) songs and even submit their own lyrics.
Our goal is to create the world's largest and most functional lyrics site, period. We also have a community aspect with user profiles, message boards and more.

http://www.songmeanings.net/

Basically, it's a site for lyrics and comments on the lyrics for people to talk about the songs and their meanings.

The site queries a MySQL database with PHP scripts written by our own developers. The server runs Apache on Linux.

We are currently non-profit and are here 'for the fun of it.' Any money we acquire through advertisements is put back into the site completely.

Polygon
October 29th, 2007, 01:35 AM
i love that site. i often check it to see what other people's opinions on the lyrics of the songs i listen to, which are often very confusing, and involve knowledge of history/battles/literature and all that

igknighted
October 29th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Most (and if not most, certainly the plurality) of web servers run linux...

But I do like that site, I use it all the time (tho never post myself)

n3tfury
October 29th, 2007, 01:42 AM
i like how nobody knows wth is going on with "Destroyer" by Static X (neither do i, but i love it)