PDA

View Full Version : no usb detection

Tucatts
October 28th, 2007, 01:10 AM
There is supposed to be a tab in Virtualbox settings that is : USB Device filters.

It just ain't there in my VB install on Gutsy. I am trying to install my Epson scanner which connects by USB of course and the install goes fine until I have to connect the USb. Then it tells me that it can't find the printer. I have done lsusb in terminal and the usb device (Epson) shows up. The Virtualbox manual tells me to click on "USB Deivde Filters and add the printer/scanner ID which I could do if I could fine USB Device filters!. Any suggestions? Maybe there is a settings tab that is different from the one on the main window?
Thanks!

timgrin
November 1st, 2007, 12:10 AM
bump(*,)

I am having the same problem]

Runamok
November 1st, 2007, 07:13 AM
Are you saying the USB setting options are gone on your version of VirtualBox?

Open VirtualBox.
Click on Settings
Then on the left hand list box click USB.
Then connect your USB device
then click the little USB icon on the right with the green plus sign next to it...

cowb0y
November 4th, 2007, 03:46 AM
If there is no USB item in the Virtualbox Settings dialog (on the left side), see this post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=598390).

timgrin
November 20th, 2007, 12:12 PM
I fixed this by changing the vmode=666 for the usbfs line to devmode=664 - somewhere I think someone has posted a fstab example with vmode rather than devmode

teja483
May 23rd, 2011, 06:37 AM
hii all

even i have similar problem.........

but not in Virtualbox..... in UBUNTU 10.04 LTS itself. when i mount my USB. it is not getting detected....

so i went for seartching threads . i stopped here and tried to append

" none /proc/bus/usb/ usbfs devmode=664 0 0" to the /etc/fstab.
and typed the command sudo mount -a

for which i got

root@testuser:/etc# sudo mount -a
mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist

what should i do guys.......?????????:)