PDA

View Full Version : Wii or DS?

emilie222
October 26th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Hiya
I seen the new my sims game and it looks good but i don't know which console to get it on the nintendo Wii or the DS. Which one do you think is better and why?
Emilie

Andrewie
October 26th, 2007, 03:49 PM
you made a mistake in the title.

Wii and DS!

if you don't have the money for both, I would get the DS. They're both great so it doesn't matter.

Engnome
October 26th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Comparing a Wii and a DS is like comparing C and Python. They are both made for different things/situations. I guess you could compare the same game on different consoles but the Wii and the DS are different and so is the game as well. I guess you have to ask yourself: Where do I want to play? (in the couch infront of the tv or on the bus) and possible what is the best controller for sims, the wiimote + big screen or the DS pen and dual screen.

Myself I bought Wii two days ago. Been playing alot of Zelda (~16 hours, the Wii logs playing time) needless to say I like it.

Good luck with your choice.

curuxz
October 26th, 2007, 04:54 PM
If you want to play sims, get the PC version, its always better than console versions.

Keyboard and mouse just wins so much for those style games and being able to easily download addons is a big plus

tcpip4lyfe
October 26th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I own the sims for wii. It's extremely easy to control with the Wiimote and Nunchuck. The Wii mote is basically like a mouse so I'd go with the Wii.

Side Rant:

I wish the Wii would come out with some new good games. Zelda was amazing. (as in the best game I've ever played amazing.) Metroid was too easy. Wii sports only fun with other people. Every other game is just a collection of mini games.

monsieurdozier
October 26th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I wish the Wii would come out with some new good games. Zelda was amazing. (as in the best game I've ever played amazing.) Metroid was too easy. Wii sports only fun with other people. Every other game is just a collection of mini games.

Off Topic:
I actually went on a renting spree when I got my Wii and rented a bunch of games and I will recommend two to everyone I see:

Resident Evil 4: It might be a port, but believe me this game was made for the Wii. The controls are beautiful and I just love it.

Elebits: Looks like a kids game, but believe me there is nothing more satisfying than slamming big rig into a house and watch both go flying.

On Topic:

I would go for the Wii. I think that it would be annoying to try and do things with the DS Stylus than with the Wiimote. But it's just a matter of preference as to which system you prefer to use.

thx11381974
October 26th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I guess I'd say wii, I don't play sims. I do play Battlefield 2 on Xbox 360 about 2 to 4 hours a day. I can tell ya for sure you won't regret getting a 360 the online play is second to none.

undine
October 27th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Xbox 360.

stmiller
October 27th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Wii !

LostLake
October 27th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Wii!!! Its the greatest thing since sliced bread. Its cheap and fun.

MonkeyBoy
October 27th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I played My Sims on DS and wasn't too impressed. It is just a clone of Animal Crossing really.

The Wii and DS remain the best consoles available currently though IMHO.

BigSilly
October 27th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Huge Wii and DS fan here too. The game geeks don't like it for sure, but I can't stop playing FIFA on the Wii. I've got Metroid on the way, with Mario and NiGHTS on preorder, and the missus has got me Zelda Twilight Princess for Christmas so I've loads to look forward to. I'm going to need some serious time off work this Christmas!