PDA

View Full Version : Hai!!!

Vitamin-Carrot
October 26th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I figured ide pop by and intro myself.

Im Vitamin Carrot or VC or just carrot or even sometimes "that random guy that nobody likes" :(

I havent been using linux very long my first was fedora and i saw one of my workmates using ubuntu 7.04 and he told me all about it so i started thinking well if he thinks its so great then why not try it out and now here i am with ubuntu 7.10 and loving it

Tux Aubrey
October 26th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Welcome VC! Enjoy.

Vitamin-Carrot
October 28th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I will/am,

Its nice to see that the games i play dont have any issues with the desktop effects, it might just be beryl that i was having issues with under fedora.

So far ive been blown away, it is actually enjoyable to use this OS and I dont think ill be doing any distro jumping for a while.

I have been trying to convince those i know to give it a try but like me they are gamers, apart from that i have converted my father over tot he linux side and my GF has no option but to use it cause she doesnt own her own machine and uses mine *deviant plans unfolding are such fun* but I will have to put up with the constant nagging as shes a Sims addict :-( and I dont really like using wine *to messy.

Ubuntu has come a long way since 2004 and Im excited to see where it goes in the future.

-grubby
October 28th, 2007, 09:17 PM
hello