PDA

View Full Version : OK you win Windows sucks Ubuntu is great

_ONE
October 26th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Hi I'm new to ubuntu and loving it I'm on gusty gibbon(love the name) I'd like to list my acheivments thus far @ first I was having trouble Getting Compiz fusion working Cause of course my laptop has those pesky blacklist issues with my ati graphic card, After that I tried to get compiz working properly and thanks to this great forum you guys already had the answers for me Then it was getting my media files from windows to play....that was easy, Next I figured out the skydome all thats left is getting the emerald theme and packages and I will be happy if you guys could list some of your favroit links-tips and tricks you know I'd appreciate it , well thats my two cents Ubuntu rocks and can't believe I get all this for free I'm this close to ditching vista ultimate all together

-grubby
October 26th, 2007, 01:07 AM
glad you like! We don't all trash Windows here, though. It just doesn't work for some people, like me...

K.Mandla
October 26th, 2007, 01:12 AM
glad you like! We don't all trash Windows here, though. It just doesn't work for some people, like me...
And some of us won't pay for it, like me, or won't be convinced by Microsoft that I have to buy a new computer every two years. ;)

-grubby
October 26th, 2007, 01:19 AM
And some of us won't pay for it, like me, or won't be convinced by Microsoft that I have to buy a new computer every two years. ;)

$200USD just for Vista Basic. Ouch! I'm not gonna pay that when I can get my Ubuntu or Debian or whatever Linux distro for $0USD

qpieus
October 26th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Hi I'm new to ubuntu and loving it...

Congratulations and welcome to the forums.