PDA

View Full Version : Architects And Arch Students????

jrharvey
October 25th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I would like to pull together all of the Architects and Architecture students that use ubuntu. I would like to start something, IDK maybe a special section or something but we need to unite. Sooooo, calling all designers.

jrharvey
October 25th, 2007, 06:47 PM
El Bumpo!!

CAD-MAN
October 25th, 2007, 06:53 PM
There is a thread on Ubuntu using architects here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=558573). I don't see what we can do apart form keeping an eye out for architectural and CAD software, unless you want to start working on a new architecture-specific app.

jrharvey
October 25th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I had no idea about this. Cool. I think its a good idea to stay in touch because we all have something in common. We can learn from one another, see what everyone else is doing.

cyclefiend2000
October 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM
i used to work for an architect, and i still work in a drafting capacity... just a different industry.

just curious, what drafting software do you use?

jrharvey
October 25th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Right now I use virtualbox to run autocad, sketchup, adobe CS2, vecorworks, artlantis and Rhino 3d modeling. All of these works great in virtualbox but I was jsut curious what everyone else was using and doing. I would like to go full ubuntu one day. Who knows maybe in the future I can.

CAD-MAN
October 25th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah. As someone in the other thread said; I can't understand why sketchup hasn't been released for Linux. Google have released virtually every other one of their programs for Linux #-o

jrharvey
October 25th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Is there a way to merge threads????