PDA

View Full Version : I like Ubuntu's screen savers

Handssolow
October 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Just my thanks to those responsible for the screen savers, many are artistic and beautiful I guess even Picasso would be impressed.
I know my equal thanks should go programmers who make important but less obvious contributions but here's my thanks to their artistry with the screen savers.

Ireclan
October 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM
No kidding. That's one point that impressed my mother, believe it or not, was the sheer amount of screen savers Ubuntu had available for it compared to Windows. It's also impressed several of my friends who wanted to try Ubuntu. I find it strange, that people value this particular thing over all the other good points of Linux. Never the less, I would like to offer my thanks as well.

vexorian
October 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
They are better than windows logo changing position randomly.

I changed the screensavers so it is always the one with the 3+ ubuntu logos bouncing, the other screensavers are lovely but I prefer "austere" stuff for an screensaver.

conehead77
October 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I just noticed there is an option to have a folder with pictures as screen saver, but there is no option to select the folder?

FuturePilot
October 25th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I like the BSOD screensaver. It's rather funny.
It's actually scared me a few times because some of them actually use the host name of your computer and a time stamp.