PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Gusty Gibbon Typo's

bigb_thedestroyer
October 25th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I hate typo's in a finished, stable product. So Identify typo's, big or small...

In the Update Magager at the top of the screen, there is a huge glaring typo at the top of the window. "IYOU " ..blah blah

Share your annoying typo's, but not the typos in my post!!! :-D

Perpetual
October 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM
"gusty"

Morbett
October 25th, 2007, 06:08 PM
"Typo's"

rsambuca
October 25th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I hate typo's in a finished, stable product. So Identify typo's, big or small...

In the Update Magager at the top of the screen, there is a huge glaring typo at the top of the window. "IYOU " ..blah blah

That typo isn't in mine.

thelugnut
October 25th, 2007, 06:13 PM
"Gibbon" ?

As in " I ain't been gibbon enough time to work this out".
:-\"

bigb_thedestroyer
October 25th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I'd post a screenshot, but I uninstall Gusty last night and put Fiesty Fawn back on my lappy. Maybe It will be on the Live CD, I'll look when I get home tonight.

Mr. Picklesworth
October 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
In the Update Magager at the top of the screen, there is a huge glaring typo at the top of the window. "IYOU " ..blah blahI see not this typo...

Anessen
October 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM
"Magager"?

FuturePilot
October 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM

:-s

This thread has too much irony for me :p

vexorian
October 25th, 2007, 06:41 PM
This is the kind of thing you can fix! Grab your language package and fix it!

reyfer
October 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM

So you hate typographical errors, but you are allowed to have them on your post, knowing they are there, and not even correcting them? Nice :lolflag:

bigb_thedestroyer
October 25th, 2007, 08:41 PM
This thread isn't meant to open the door for attacks from you or anyone else. I wanted to start a topic about something I find annoying. The fact that I have spelling mistakes or typos in my post has nothing to do with what I'm asking, yet it is ironic.

I type to fast and don't check my spelling! Big deal, I'm not writting for my English teacher where my success or failure could result because of a missing comma or a misspelt word (Magager!!) Im writting for a bunch of blokes that have the time to come read a forum on their lunch breaks when they want to have some fun and take their minds of their work.

Acglaphotis
October 25th, 2007, 08:50 PM
, I'm not writting for my English teacher where my success or failure could result because of a missing comma or a misspelt word.

Neither are the developers.

bruce89
October 25th, 2007, 08:55 PM
The developer of update-manager is German. In all the other releases, I sent a patch to him to fix any issues I saw with it, this time I didn't.

cmat
October 25th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Its silly but it should be fixed by now. I posted this a while back, put it in launchpad because I was too lazy to make an account.

bruce89
October 25th, 2007, 09:01 PM
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/153242

I have to side with everyone else on the "typo's" thing.

I think this has been fixed in bzr, as I can't find the issue.

petersjm
October 25th, 2007, 10:01 PM
This isn't a typo thing (this thread just reminded me), but who on earth was it that suggested "Freak Frog" (somewhere on these forums) for the next release back before Feisty came out?! That rocks!

(Sorry, we now return you to the scheduled program...)

TomMK
October 25th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Not in Gutsy, but these really get my gibbon, so to speak!

loose instead of lose (very common)
to instead of too (or vice versa)
your instead of you're

osxcapades
October 26th, 2007, 12:03 AM
In the OP's defense, he/she does have a point. It really doesn't matter whether or not he/she makes a typo in an informal post, but it really does matter whether or not you have typos in final software releases.

Neither are the developers.

Then the developers are blithering idiots. Of course, there is little doubt the antecedent of this proposition (the assumption that the developers actually aren't concerned about errors in their English) is false, so it doesn't matter anyway. Canonical, after all, wants its product to be taken seriously.