PDA

View Full Version : The Big Change

KBenk
October 25th, 2007, 04:12 AM
I have been playing with Ubuntu for a year off and on and I have been really impressed. I would like to get into some programming so that I can do more, but I simply have no idea where to start. But to get back to my point, I recently got rid of Windows all together. I don't think I will ever go back. Ubuntu simply has too much to offer for me not to use it. Plus, When friends ask me to fix their PC's after doing something stupid and getting a virus I can simply tell them that I don't remember how to do that anymore....That's a great feeling. After that I just hand them a Ubuntu install CD.

I guess this post is simply to say, "I'm hooked, and thank you to everyone here because these forums have been my savior and go to spot throughout my learning curve with Ubuntu."

Chilli Bob
October 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Welcome Aboard!

pelle.k
October 25th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Plus, When friends ask me to fix their PC's after doing something stupid and getting a virus I can simply tell them that I don't remember how to do that anymore....That's a great feeling.
That's what i do! :)
Seriously, sometimes i really feel for them, but in the end i will only prolong their suffering if i help them. People must start to understand that
1. windows isn't the best desktop operating system in the world
2. it's certainly not user friendly (you can argue all you want to, i haven't said ubuntu is any better)
3. They need to put some pressure on the software giants to stop manipulating people using dirty tricks.

Have fun with linux. Good luck (sometimes, you'll need it).