PDA

View Full Version : Weird VirtualBox Itunes problem - Songs add to library fine, video locks it up.

Saneless
October 24th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Title says it all, really.

I got virtualbox running just fine, loaded up Windows XP Home, service pack 2, have the internet working on it.. it runs like XP should as far as I can tell.

Got itunes installed. The new 7.4 if it matters. Got my USB hard drive working fine, as far as I know.

I can add songs to my itunes library (building my library from scratch). I have my USB hard drive as the source of my files and my library, I've changed my library to point to it like I had in windows.

So, songs work fine.. except midi files locked it up.. weird, but I moved them out of the folder. Then mp4 (video) files lock it up. I'm not trying to play them (which locks it up!) but just add them to the itunes library.

Anyone have any insight as to what's up? Thanks

Saneless
October 26th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Found out it's related to my USB drive (it's what I use to sync itunes and keep my library)

When I copied a video to the C drive everything was fine...

any ideas? Shoddy USB in VB?

Saneless
October 26th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Another update, for anyone caring. If I had the library on the usb hard drive but not the video files on it, it seems to be ok when I add video to the library from a different source (regular hard drive, network drive).

But when it got to one I already copied over.. that was bad news again.

shawnrgr
January 5th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Im having a similar problem with itunes locking up on me. I have a shared folder set up so I can access my music from the ubuntu box, which seems to be working fine. I have it mapped to a network drive. Also my usb seems to be working flawlessly (knock on wood) it detects my ipod and all the settings and songs without issue. The problem comes into play when I attempt to add my music to the library. It runs for about 15 seconds then locks up. I cant force itunes closed so I end up having to force the virtual pc down. any ideas?

gerbman
January 8th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Im having a similar problem with itunes locking up on me. I have a shared folder set up so I can access my music from the ubuntu box, which seems to be working fine. I have it mapped to a network drive. Also my usb seems to be working flawlessly (knock on wood) it detects my ipod and all the settings and songs without issue. The problem comes into play when I attempt to add my music to the library. It runs for about 15 seconds then locks up. I cant force itunes closed so I end up having to force the virtual pc down. any ideas?I am getting the same problem when trying to download Podcasts from within ITunes...screen goes all funny and locks up hard. Weeeeird.