PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't enable w32codecs

Meph1st0
October 23rd, 2007, 10:00 PM
I can't seem to enable w32codecs under the proprietary codecs tab of MCC. I was able to enable libdvdcss2 and ffmpeg but when I select w32codecs and click apply it starts trying (it looks like it's trying to download 3 files) and then MCC just closes and I'm back to mythtv frontend. Am I doing something wrong?

mskradri
October 23rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
I was having similar problems with installing the proprietary codecs. After quitting out of the mythtv frontend, I tried installing via the Synaptic Package Manager. It gave me a message asking me to place the Mythbuntu 7.10 LiveCD back into the cd drive. After doing this, the install completed successfully. Looks like somthing about the Mythbuntu install keeps pointing to library files stored on the disk instead of getting the file online.

tgm4883
October 23rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
I was having similar problems with installing the proprietary codecs. After quitting out of the mythtv frontend, I tried installing via the Synaptic Package Manager. It gave me a message asking me to place the Mythbuntu 7.10 LiveCD back into the cd drive. After doing this, the install completed successfully. Looks like somthing about the Mythbuntu install keeps pointing to library files stored on the disk instead of getting the file online.

Thats a feature (although I don't like it) of Ubuntu.

My second question would be is this a 64-bit system? If it is, you need w64codecs

Meph1st0
October 23rd, 2007, 10:25 PM
No, it's a 32 bit system. In fact w64codecs is greyed out for me so I can't even select it. Not that I'd want to, since it's a 32 bit system. :)

Meph1st0
October 23rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
mskradri,

looks like that worked. I just reinserted my 7.10 disk and went back into MCC and selected w32codecs and it install straight away. Thanks for your help.

superm1
October 23rd, 2007, 10:37 PM
Can one of you guys file a bug regarding this, about how it needs the CD, but doesn't ask for it?

Meph1st0
October 24th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Uh...I'd love to submit a bug. I'd then feel like I'm contributing to the project instead of mooching off it. But I don't know where to go to submit it. :)

superm1
October 24th, 2007, 10:55 PM
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mythbuntu-control-centre/+bug/156471

If anyone can post a more complete backtrace, that would be most useful.

Meph1st0
October 24th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Nevermind. I just registered on Launchpad.net/~mythbuntu but it looks like I need to be approved by someone before I can submit a bug.

Meph1st0
October 24th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Nevermind again. Looks like it's already there.

superm1
October 24th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah you can file a bug against

http://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu

in the future. You don't need to be part of ~mythbuntu to do so.