PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever try ExamForce CramMaster??

ant2ne
October 23rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
http://www.examforce.com/customer/home.php?cat=253

I'm thinking about about using these guys for my linux+ certification. They guarantee success on certification tests. Any opinions?

jkeyes0
October 23rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
The main problem I can see from that is their guarantee:
We are so confident that you will pass any corresponding exam by using ExamForce's CramMaster, that if you fail the test we will refund your purchase!

To qualify for a refund you must:

1. Be the registered purchaser
2. Fail the corresponding exam twice (no time limit )
3. Contact our Customer Service Department at (800) 845-8569 or via email at customerservice@examforce.com to claim this guarantee and provide your proof of purchase along with copies of failing exam notices for both failed attempts
4. Return the corresponding software

What I see here is that they will only refund the price of the training/test prep materials if you pay to take the test twice and fail it both times. No real guarantee there, just the possibility of losing hundreds of dollars if their product isn't as good as they say.

ant2ne
October 23rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
What I see here is that they will only refund the price of the training/test prep materials if you pay to take the test twice and fail it both times. No real guarantee there, just the possibility of losing hundreds of dollars if their product isn't as good as they say.Excellent observation of their policy. Have you, or anyone used their product? Is it as good as they claim?

jkeyes0
October 23rd, 2007, 07:27 PM
Excellent observation of their policy. Have you, or anyone used their product? Is it as good as they claim?

I haven't used their product, just wanted to comment on the "guarantee".

I did a training with a different company here a while back, and when i didn't pass the cert test, they refunded the price of the training as well as the price of the test. (I didn't pay for it, my old bosses did, but at least someone got their money back). That's my idea of a real "test pass guarantee". I can't remember who the training was with though...