PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Bill's favoured OS

utnubuuser
October 23rd, 2007, 07:53 AM
Hello Everyone --- Windows is a great OS! -It ought to be, it's modeled on the darn, near perfect, MAC. I'm guessing that many of our forum members weren't around in the early days of MAC and IBM.
--Windows was originally the IBM "version" of MAC. A knock-off so to speak. Now I don't know if there's any truth to any of this, but I've heard recently that the great Bill's favoured OS is Xubuntu, and that he keeps a little IBM X41Thinkpad, running on a specially modified version of Xubuntu, tucked under his bed, and meditates for twenty minutes every night, before going to bed, while staring at the Xubuntu default desktop...
...but seriously, threee cheers for OpenSource/GNU, and my compliments to all the developers/programmers/hacks who contributed to Version 7.10. A phenomenal achievement!!

NIT006.5
October 23rd, 2007, 09:07 AM
Haven't actually got my hands on 7.10 yet, but Ubuntu has definitely changed my life in a BIG way. So yep, I share your sentiments. Fantastic achievement!

tehhaxorr
October 23rd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Hello Everyone --- Windows is a great OS! -It ought to be, it's modeled on the darn, near perfect, MAC. I'm guessing that many of our forum members weren't around in the early days of MAC and IBM.
--Windows was originally the IBM "version" of MAC. A knock-off so to speak. Now I don't know if there's any truth to any of this, but I've heard recently that the great Bill's favoured OS is Xubuntu, and that he keeps a little IBM X41Thinkpad, running on a specially modified version of Xubuntu, tucked under his bed, and meditates for twenty minutes every night, before going to bed, while staring at the Xubuntu default desktop...
...but seriously, threee cheers for OpenSource/GNU, and my compliments to all the developers/programmers/hacks who contributed to Version 7.10. A phenomenal achievement!!

I don't know where you got your facts from bucko, but you're only causing problems. Every newbie that leaves this forum thinking windows is IBM's mac clone is a weight on your shoulder due to your spreading blatantly false information.

And bill gates using Xubuntu.... yeah, right... i bet balmer uses a Mac and Stalman only uses Amigas propietary software....

This thread helps nobody.

Nunu
October 23rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
I don't know where you got your facts from bucko, but you're only causing problems. Every newbie that leaves this forum thinking windows is IBM's mac clone is a weight on your shoulder due to your spreading blatantly false information.

And bill gates using Xubuntu.... yeah, right... i bet balmer uses a Mac and Stalman only uses Amigas propietary software....

This thread helps nobody.

Bwhahahahaa ok really have you not noticed that 40% of this site is dedicated to ripping of windows and the bill himself... Hey your a MS lover boy aren't you.

Ok before you send me life threatening mails and threaten to kill my dog and mail his head to my ex wife.. it's a joke get over it it happens. We take the **** out of the Bill and his OS just like they do on Microsoft forums. thats how it is and its natural. we wont go into a OS fight because god knows how many of them we had. so laugh along and enjoy our twisted sense of humor for pig steaks thats all we have.

K.Mandla
October 23rd, 2007, 10:12 AM
Temporarily closed for staff review.

While you are waiting, why not redirect some energy toward unanswered threads?

http://ubuntuforums.org/search.php?do=process&replyless=1&replylimit=0&dontcache=1

K.Mandla
October 23rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
This thread has been reopened, but is under close watch by the staff.

Do not take this as an opportunity to attack or malign other forum members for their opinions or preferences. Keep it clean and on-topic, or the thread will be closed again.

utnubuuser
December 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Hey tehhaxorr

Sorry Dude -- never meant to give offence. And actually. back in the 80s, after Mac revolutionized the printing industry with it's APPLE, that's exactly how we viewed Windows, - as a Mac knock off. whether it was true or not.

The rest of that post was in jest. How should I know if Bill Gates meditates or not? LOL

ps sorry to respond so long after the original post, never checked to see if anyone had responded.

magmon
December 5th, 2008, 04:02 AM

Actually, IBM created the first point and click enviornment, mac came in and asked how it was done. The idiots down at IBM gave a presentation, and mac built on the idea. IBM was not, and will probly never be, windows.
Learned that in Tech 2 xD

Giant Speck
December 5th, 2008, 04:55 AM
AGHGH!!!

Zombie thread!

utnubuuser
December 5th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks --- I didn't know that!

utnubuuser
December 5th, 2008, 08:47 AM
re-
While you are waiting, why not redirect some energy toward unanswered threads?

Ok! -- Done!