PDA

View Full Version : Third-World Wind Power | A solution for the Whole World

RAV TUX
October 23rd, 2007, 01:50 AM
Third-World Wind Power | A solution for the whole world

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1214137061?bctid=1233395616

BWF89
October 23rd, 2007, 03:58 AM
I think the next couple decades are going to be very interesting. All these new options for generating electricity like more efficient solar panels and now this are going to give people a choice on how they want to power their homes and communities rather than having to depend or be under the jurisdiction of the big power companies.

RAV TUX
October 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
I think the next couple decades are going to be very interesting. All these new options for generating electricity like more efficient solar panels and now this are going to give people a choice on how they want to power their homes and communities rather than having to depend or be under the jurisdiction of the big power companies.
The future is looking brighter. ;)

bonzodog
October 23rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Wow. This could have a major impact if introduced on a larger scale out here in Ireland. Our countryside is *littered* wirth wind turbine farms, due to Ireland needing to find a way to power very rural places, without introducing nuclear fuel, or fossil fuel burning.

The fact that this can be very efficiently scaled would make a major difference to peoples lives -- Each remote rural Farmhouse could have say Just one wind ribbon attached to, I dunno, the side of the house, being the height of a two storey house, but much more aesthetically pleasing, and almost un-noticable.

I like this idea, and would hope it is taken up on a commercial scale.