PDA

View Full Version : Google has the answer!

shane2peru
October 22nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Hey Google is more and more Linux friendly. Just my thoughts, but I think they could be key to helping Linux become more widely accepted. Notice I didn't say better, I'm very pleased with Linux, what they need is more acceptance by large companies, like Google. Anyway they have a search page that is specific to Linux:

http://www.google.com/linux

Makes searching for things that are Linux specific a little easier, just wanted to share that little tip with everyone!

Shane

Lord_Dicranius
October 22nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
I've used Googele.com/linux many a time. Great search engine :)

Paul820
October 22nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Nice, i'll use this. Thanks :)

corney91
October 22nd, 2007, 05:29 PM
What's different between regular Google and Linux Google?

Kingsley
October 22nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
slowpoke.jpg
[/img]

shane2peru
October 22nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Google linux is specific to Linux things. If you do a search for wine with Google-Linux you will probably get info on wine for Linux such as the Windows Emulator app (I know it is not an emulator but for lack of better explanation). If you search Google for wine, you will get wine - the fermented drink made with grapes.

Shane

Kingsley
October 22nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
What's different between regular Google and Linux Google?
The search results are more related to Linux.

shad0w_walker
October 22nd, 2007, 05:41 PM
I'm very pleased with Linux, what they need is more acceptance by large companies, like Google.

Just a point. It's very tricky for them to get more acceptance from Google. What do you think a huge amount of their servers and desktops run on?

corney91
October 22nd, 2007, 05:47 PM
Wow, I'l probably use it alot then - most of my googling is linux-specific.

shane2peru
October 22nd, 2007, 05:50 PM
Just a point. It's very tricky for them to get more acceptance from Google. What do you think a huge amount of their servers and desktops run on?

Point taken. However, I guess I meant more Desktop Specific acceptance. If it is noted that it is being used and accepted more by desktop users, it should become more widely accepted by the major companies (User demand should be met by marketers. I know we are turning things around, the way it should be.)

Shane

Zero Prime
October 22nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Sweet thanks! Just added that to my speed dial:)