PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting inquirer articles about Ubuntu...

gdp77
October 22nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
Iquirer started a war against Ubuntu, by posting some disgusting articles, stating not true arguments.

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/22/ubuntu-identity-crisis

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/22/ubuntu-upgrade-pointless

I already emailed their writers... Please respond to these disgusting articles (click at the bottom of the page) "Flame writer" or ""Comment on this article"

ddrichardson
October 22nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Andrew Thomas is an out and out Microsoft shill, please do not feed the trolls and increase the number of page hits he gets for the Inquirer.

Phil Airtime
October 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM
"Disgusting" is far too strong a word. Those are opinion pieces. The writer has stated his opinion. You've even got the option to comment underneath. He's written the pieces to get a reaction (hence the option to "flame the writer") and he's got one. You lose at the internets.

50words
October 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Oh, I don't know, I thought those were pretty funny. He isn't saying anything about the OS, really, other than that the upgrade takes a really loooong time (which is true), and that from a visual perspective, not much has changed in GG (also true).

Besides, he admits to being a big fan of Ubuntu and obviously uses it. Microsoft shill how, exactly?

ddrichardson
October 22nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Oh, I don't know, I thought those were pretty funny. He isn't saying anything about the OS, really, other than that the upgrade takes a really loooong time (which is true), and that from a visual perspective, not much has changed in GG (also true).

Besides, he admits to being a big fan of Ubuntu and obviously uses it. Microsoft shill how, exactly?Did you read the first link, because you are describing the content of the second link. Infact check out some of his prior articles - such as suggesting Dell distributing Linux as thier "suicide note".

regomodo
October 22nd, 2007, 04:10 PM
He has nothing to talk about and he cannot spell.

Ignore what he says

MrGnu
October 22nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Perhaps Microsoft sponsor the Enquirer ??
Any way I think that the enquirer is trash!

Kingsley
October 22nd, 2007, 04:19 PM
People on Ubuntu Forums have been complaining about Ubuntu naming for months.

50words
October 22nd, 2007, 04:25 PM

Besides, he admits to being a big fan of Ubuntu and obviously uses it. Microsoft shill how, exactly?

Yes, I read both. In order to be funny, he is just exaggerating problems that people bring up on these forums every day.

Suggesting a business replace Vista with "Gutsy Gibbon" would certainly make for an amusing boardroom presentation. In the first article, he implies that Vista is quite bad, but that without a more professional-sounding name, Ubuntu will get nowhere in business.

Of course, he rants like Maddox to (try to) be funny, but I don't see how it is "disgusting."

If you can't laugh at yourself . . .

benton
October 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
"Gutsy Gibbon" is only a code-name. The release name is Ubuntu 7.10.

Seems that nobody here remembers the name "Longhorn" anymore.

Johnsie
October 22nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
His article is troll bait. He's posting something controversial to try and get a reaction out of people. That's a common method used by bloggers to try and get more hits/attention on their blogs. The best thing to do is ignore it.

beercz
October 22nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Is the opposite of disgusting "gusting" in the same way that the opposit of disappear is "appear"?

tehet
October 22nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
What Johnsie said, except that "news" sites like these couldn't care less about your reaction/opinion. All they're trying to do is generate traffic and hopefully some add clicks or whatever. They're best left ignored.

Anessen
October 22nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Opinion pieces are fundamentally stupid anyway. Why is that morons opinion more important than mine, or anyone else?

ddrichardson
October 22nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Opinion pieces are fundamentally stupid anyway. Why is that morons opinion more important than mine, or anyone else?Best summed up by the old adage: "The right to free speech does not include the right to have to be listened to".