PDA

View Full Version : Dvdstyler fails to compile anyone?

mickbuntu
October 22nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
Hello,

Anyone know what is going on the compile fails here is the log below:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/Desktop/DVDStyler-1.5.1_2/src'
g++ -g -O2 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -DGNOME2 -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share/dvdstyler\" -I.. -o dvdstyler About.o Config.o Languages.o hyperlink.o KeyDlg.o DVD.o Palette3D.o MenuObject.o MenuPalettes.o Menu.o Slideshow.o MPEG.o SettingsDlg.o NewProjectDlg.o DVDPropDlg.o AVPropDlg.o MenuPropDlg.o TitlePropDlg.o MenuObjectPropDlg.o MenuEditor.o TitlesetManager.o BurnDlg.o ProgressDlg.o MainWin.o dvdstyler.o ../wxVillaLib/libwxvilla.a -pthread -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.8 -lwxsvg -pthread -lgnomeui-2 -lSM -lICE -lbonoboui-2 -lgnomevfs-2 -lgnomecanvas-2 -lgnome-2 -lpopt -lbonobo-2 -lbonobo-activation -lart_lgpl_2 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangocairo-1.0 -lfontconfig -lXext -lXrender -lXinerama -lXi -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXcomposite -lXdamage -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lX11 -lXfixes -lgconf-2 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lORBit-2 -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0
../wxVillaLib/libwxvilla.a(PropDlg.o): In function `wxStringBase':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:368: undefined reference to `wxGridNameStr'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [dvdstyler] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rooty/Desktop/DVDStyler-1.5.1_2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rooty/Desktop/DVDStyler-1.5.1_2/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

mickbuntu
October 23rd, 2007, 06:02 AM
Post pump from below.

scorp123
October 23rd, 2007, 06:20 AM
Anyone know what is going on the compile fails here is the log below There are *.deb packages you could download and install, e.g. from here (http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=DVDStyler)

The packages I linked to are for "Feisty". If you need "Gutsy" packages you have to click on "Categories" on the left and then tell the web page you'd like to see "other versions". It should then let you select "Gutsy" packages.

mickbuntu
October 23rd, 2007, 11:51 PM
There are *.deb packages you could download and install, e.g. from here (http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=DVDStyler)

The packages I linked to are for "Feisty". If you need "Gutsy" packages you have to click on "Categories" on the left and then tell the web page you'd like to see "other versions". It should then let you select "Gutsy" packages.

Thank you for the links, looked other day could not find it without you. When i'm on my other machine i'll consider the debs. Although the building is puzzling and have contacted the project leader on sourceforge.

Orra
October 28th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Hello,

Anyone know what is going on the compile fails here is the log below:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/Desktop/DVDStyler-1.5.1_2/src'
g++ -g -O2 -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -DGNOME2 -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share/dvdstyler\" -I.. -o dvdstyler About.o Config.o Languages.o hyperlink.o KeyDlg.o DVD.o Palette3D.o MenuObject.o MenuPalettes.o Menu.o Slideshow.o MPEG.o SettingsDlg.o NewProjectDlg.o DVDPropDlg.o AVPropDlg.o MenuPropDlg.o TitlePropDlg.o MenuObjectPropDlg.o MenuEditor.o TitlesetManager.o BurnDlg.o ProgressDlg.o MainWin.o dvdstyler.o ../wxVillaLib/libwxvilla.a -pthread -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.8 -lwxsvg -pthread -lgnomeui-2 -lSM -lICE -lbonoboui-2 -lgnomevfs-2 -lgnomecanvas-2 -lgnome-2 -lpopt -lbonobo-2 -lbonobo-activation -lart_lgpl_2 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangocairo-1.0 -lfontconfig -lXext -lXrender -lXinerama -lXi -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXcomposite -lXdamage -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lX11 -lXfixes -lgconf-2 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lORBit-2 -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0
../wxVillaLib/libwxvilla.a(PropDlg.o): In function `wxStringBase':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:368: undefined reference to `wxGridNameStr'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [dvdstyler] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rooty/Desktop/DVDStyler-1.5.1_2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rooty/Desktop/DVDStyler-1.5.1_2/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Heya, I had the exact same problem as you. I fixed it by uninstalling the wxWidgets 2.8.x development packages, installing the wxWidgets 2.6.x development packages. Then I got a fresh copy of the source, and it compiled fine.

The advantage of this opposed to the packages is that DVD Styler 2.5's newer than DVD Styler 2.4 ;)

mickbuntu
October 30th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Heya, I had the exact same problem as you. I fixed it by uninstalling the wxWidgets 2.8.x development packages, installing the wxWidgets 2.6.x development packages. Then I got a fresh copy of the source, and it compiled fine.

The advantage of this opposed to the packages is that DVD Styler 2.5's newer than DVD Styler 2.4 ;)

Thank You fix worked, seems needs older libs. The one on getdeb is nice but this one has nothing missing. Devede is nice too but in my view and opinion is not as customizable. Each to their own!!