PDA

View Full Version : Opera behaving strangely.

Sutur
October 22nd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with Opera going to a random site despite the address you enter? I try deviantart.com and it takes me to linuxmail.org...just as an example.

Wondered if I was alone with this because I can't see anyone posting about it.

miggols99
October 22nd, 2007, 08:59 AM
Yes this sometimes happens to me...but I'm using the 9.50 for 64bit.

Sutur
October 22nd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Well since I'm on 32 bit running 9.24 (I assume 9.50 is another personally compiled version of Opera) it mustn't be related to the system itself. Have you heard from anyone else having this problem?

Mazza558
October 22nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
Accidental mouse gestures, perhaps?

Sutur
October 22nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
There's no way it could be related to gestures. I actually think it's possible the problem might actually be coming from my ISP. Perhaps in the way Opera communicates with it, since other browsers are OK...

RAV TUX
October 22nd, 2007, 10:02 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with Opera going to a random site despite the address you enter? I try deviantart.com and it takes me to linuxmail.org...just as an example.

Wondered if I was alone with this because I can't see anyone posting about it.

Nope...This has never happened to me but I use Opera 9.50, even with the older version this has never happened.

I do have this frequently happen in Firefox but I think it may be related to my middle click mouse settings or one of the seven buttons on my mouse.

daynah
October 22nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
That's kinda funny actually.

I do not want to send you away, but there aren't nearly as many Opera users here as there are on... Opera's Support Forums! They're about as awesome as we are. I haven't had anyone there give me the "You use Linux? That MUST be the problem then." thing, since there are so few opera users, there's actually a fair even spread (except for Wii, far too many Wii Opera users).

I hope you find what you need, and maybe someone here will know what it is, also. :)

EDIT

OH WAIT! I know what it could be... The speed dial has preset key strokes and gestures for every number. Same with the last piece in your "trash." I would start by turning that off, and seeing if that helps. Just turn off everything that seems remotely related to something like that in the settings/prefs whatever (at work, on firefox, sorries). Also, I believe there's a keystroke/mousestroke for the double arrow, which is Opera basically trying to figure out where the "next" page to go is. Sometimes Opera is wrong. That's okay, I'm wrong when I try to preempt my friend's moves, too.

Sutur
October 26th, 2007, 04:07 AM
That's kinda funny actually.

I do not want to send you away, but there aren't nearly as many Opera users here as there are on... Opera's Support Forums! They're about as awesome as we are. I haven't had anyone there give me the "You use Linux? That MUST be the problem then." thing, since there are so few opera users, there's actually a fair even spread (except for Wii, far too many Wii Opera users).

I hope you find what you need, and maybe someone here will know what it is, also. :)

EDIT

OH WAIT! I know what it could be... The speed dial has preset key strokes and gestures for every number. Same with the last piece in your "trash." I would start by turning that off, and seeing if that helps. Just turn off everything that seems remotely related to something like that in the settings/prefs whatever (at work, on firefox, sorries). Also, I believe there's a keystroke/mousestroke for the double arrow, which is Opera basically trying to figure out where the "next" page to go is. Sometimes Opera is wrong. That's okay, I'm wrong when I try to preempt my friend's moves, too.

I do prefer Opera, but it doesn't behave the same way in Linux so in the end I just switched over to Firefox anyway. It's much of a muchness when you get down to it, especially after all the plug-ins you can get for each one. Thanks though mate :-)