PDA

View Full Version : 7.10 is awesome!

-Ghost9-
October 22nd, 2007, 03:15 AM
I don't know if there is a feedback section, but I didn't see it. I just wanted to say that I think this version(7.10) rocks! I love the visual tweaks to it and the 3d window slide and everything. So very cool!

I can't wait for the day that I can move completely over to ubuntu!

PryGuy
October 22nd, 2007, 06:22 AM
Is the Compiz Fusion stable?

exile
October 22nd, 2007, 06:27 AM
So far I've tried it on 3 different spec'ed machines - 1 new laptop and 2 desktops, one of which is an older model 2005 Dell with an Intel graphics card. So far it works fine on all of them. The old dell one runs slow with all the eye candy turned on, but I just run it with shadows and transparency and it performs pretty well.

I've had one instability problem when trying to run AWM - it instantly kills X - this is on the older graphic card machine - the others all run fine.

steveneddy
October 22nd, 2007, 06:38 AM
Dude!

-Ghost9-
October 22nd, 2007, 03:18 PM

So far it is for me. I have it on dell laptop that is probably 2-3 years old. I have all the effects turned on and it looks really sharp. I especially like the 3d window sliding. i keep playing with it. I do notice that the more windows that are open the slower it goes, but that's to be expected. My laptop doesn't even have a 3d card built into it i don't think.

Balazs_noob
October 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
i will join in :)

Ubuntu really rocks
:guitar:

i love that my printer works flawlessly ,
copizFusion works great without any problem,
tons of great software....

so keep up the good work Ubuntu devs
:popcorn:

PartisanEntity
October 22nd, 2007, 04:42 PM

It's stable for me, haven't had any issues yet, but then again I have it on medium mode and I installed 7.10 last night :)

Pierre Lourens
October 22nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Ubuntu is great. It feels good to completely run Gutsy on my Macbook. I'm running Compiz with custom settings and AWN and it looks fantastic. Never been happier. :)

Johnsie
October 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
It's definitely the best upgrade for some time. I've used Ubuntu since Breezy and was slightly disappointed with Edgy and Feisty. Gusty seems to have some good features when it comes to device management. Hopefully this will imrpove and lead to more drivers.