PDA

View Full Version : Why you should not buy a computer from Best Buy/Future Shop

blastus
October 21st, 2007, 05:16 PM
I always knew Best Buy and Microsoft were joined at the hip but didn't know how bad it was. I know you can't buy a computer from Best Buy/Future Shop without Microsoft Windows but the following goes far beyond the definition of sanity.

This guy buys a laptop from Best Buy. Best Buy then signed him up to an MSN account with the credit card he used to buy the laptop with without his knowledge or consent. After the six month trial to MSN ended, the guy starts getting billed from Microsoft on his credit card.

High court rejects Microsoft, Best Buy appeal (http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/15/technology/bc.apfn.scotus.microsoft.ap/index.htm?postversion=2007101510)

Dimitriid
October 21st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Interesting....I'll keep that in mind and pay cash without giving ( real ) personal information to them if I need something from them.

-grubby
October 21st, 2007, 05:55 PM
No buying from best buy! I don't like things being done that involve myself without my consent.

RAV TUX
October 21st, 2007, 06:08 PM
I always knew Best Buy and Microsoft were joined at the hip but didn't know how bad it was. I know you can't buy a computer from Best Buy/Future Shop without Microsoft Windows but the following goes far beyond the definition of sanity.

This guy buys a laptop from Best Buy. Best Buy then signed him up to an MSN account with the credit card he used to buy the laptop with without his knowledge or consent. After the six month trial to MSN ended, the guy starts getting billed from Microsoft on his credit card.

High court rejects Microsoft, Best Buy appeal (http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/15/technology/bc.apfn.scotus.microsoft.ap/index.htm?postversion=2007101510)
This Best Buy near me just went out-of-business, do people really still shop at these type of places?

Ireclan
October 21st, 2007, 06:11 PM
Wow....Best Buy screwed up again...

What were Best Buy and Microsoft trying to "appeal" on?