PDA

View Full Version : 2 minutes to go...

xmastree
August 20th, 2005, 02:54 PM
That's according to my bittorrent client. That's for breezy live.

Hopefully I'll follow this up from breezy . . .

xmastree
August 20th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Well, it booted, but no mousewheel. So I copied the zaxis 4,5 bit from my xorg.config here into the new one, restarted x and it crashed.

hmm...

Rogee
August 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Kernel panic for me. :(

First time I've seen that on a Live CD.

xmastree
August 21st, 2005, 03:42 AM
The first thing I didn't like, wsa when I right clicked the desktop and expected to be able to open a terminal from there... Wonder why they took that one out. :???:

I'll play some more when I have time.

BWF89
August 21st, 2005, 04:27 AM
For the longest time I thought that either BT or my computer sucked because it was sooooo slow. I origionally used BT to download Dreamcast games off of this forum. And the average speed I got was 15-30 KB/s. Although sometimes I'd reach up to 50KB/s.

But yesterday I went to upgrade OpenOffice 1.1.2 to version 1.1.4. So I figured I'd try downloading it with BT. And boy was I amazed. My top speed was 190KB/s and my average was 150KB/s.

The moral of the story: BitTorrent is best used to download legal files linked to a well trafficked website.

xmastree
August 21st, 2005, 04:47 AM
Yeah, AIUI, the more popular the file, the faster it is. So when something like a new version of ubuntu comes out, everybody wants it so it's fast.
During my download I was uploading at the same speed...

It still took over 24 hours though. :-(

aveline
August 21st, 2005, 05:49 AM
where do you get this?? i looked on the official ubuntu site & found nothing about breezy, just hoary

aveline

xmastree
August 21st, 2005, 06:21 AM
where do you get this?? here (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/breezy/colony-3/)It says 'Daily Build' at the top, but that's an error.

aveline
August 21st, 2005, 07:00 AM
here (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/breezy/colony-3/)It says 'Daily Build' at the top, but that's an error.
nm i found it... i'm a tardbaby.

aveline