PDA

View Full Version : Gusty Thoughts

jpr13
October 20th, 2007, 11:40 PM
It updated from Feisty painlessly. The only problem I had was Amarok would not open, but Ubuntu said something like: "Amarok will not open because of missing files, installing those files, now try again" and it worked.

To me, Gusty seems to boot slower but run faster once its up. Sound crazy?

Jason

misfitpierce
October 20th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Perhaps :) Mine boots fast I dont notice a difference and is fast inside. Rhythmbox pops up within like .5 second lol :) Im really happy with gutsy.

rlm-nix
October 21st, 2007, 01:52 AM
I do notice bit slower boot time. However, I will gladly put up with it since my wireless works in Gutsy.

I had tremendous headaches with my wireless in Feisty and never got it to work. So for me, a slower boot time is trivial.

lamalex
October 24th, 2007, 12:44 AM
mine actually boots noticeably faster, runs a little bit slower by default, but I trimmed some fat and now it's pretty speedy.

jdfreshwater
October 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM
The only major problem with gusty seems to be something with video. I have had a few problems with videos not being displayed but audio working. I do have the nvidia-glx-new drivers installed. Most people are saying these may be a problem.

victorgreen
November 22nd, 2007, 03:14 AM
I had had it with fiesty on my lenovo x61, was also sick of my vista ultimate dual boot. Wiped the whole darn thing for fresh gutsy and xp. I hanvt booted into xp since I got the drivers on it.

Everything that gave me pure hell in fiesty worked out of box with gutsy. I think its a faster boot actually, but with fiesty I used ext3 and am now trying reiserfs.