PDA

View Full Version : GoodBye FEDORA... welcome UBUNTU !!!

nama4ever
August 19th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Hi everybody !!

I've just left this message on fedoraforum.org....

__________________________________________________ ___________

Hi everybody...

I've been with Rh/Fedora since Rh9, and I had never tried another distro. I was satisfied of those system-config-tools and of the great number of continuosly release updates... but there were always something missing: this runs but breaks that, and so on... even avoiding "bleeding edge" versions I always had [minor, but tiring] problems... in the end, everything seemed ... unstable.Eg: Repos messed up continuosly [livna+rpmforge].

Last week I gave Kubuntu a try: All the repos are configured by default, plenty of packages, synaptic is much more responsive than yum... after 3 days of downloading and configuration I've realized my "dream machine" and nothing is broken... Eg: all Kde packages are packaged separately, so that I don't have to install gigs of software to find an app.

And .... AMAROK IS DEFAULT IN KUBUNTU !!!

So I'm leaving: thanks to those who helped me [BTW: ubuntuforum.org support is IMPRESSIVE] and greetings from Italy.

aysiu
August 19th, 2005, 11:07 PM
I'm not anti-Fedora, but I'm definitely pro-Ubuntu, so good for you. If it works for you, cool. If you ever have problems, this forum is a great place to go. Keep in mind, though, that most forum members use the Gnome version (Ubuntu), not the KDE version (Kubuntu), so support might be limited in some respects.

Welcome!

bored2k
August 20th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Fedora rocks. Ubuntu does too.

poofyhairguy
August 20th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Welcome.

I'm glad Ubuntu works for you, but I hope this doesn't **** off the Fedora people, their distro is top notch- one of my favorites.

ssck
August 20th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Hi everybody !!

__________________________________________________ ___________

Hi everybody...

I've been with Rh/Fedora since Rh9, and I had never tried another distro. I was satisfied of those system-config-tools and of the great number of continuosly release updates... but there were always something missing: this runs but breaks that, and so on... even avoiding "bleeding edge" versions I always had [minor, but tiring] problems... in the end, everything seemed ... unstable.Eg: Repos messed up continuosly [livna+rpmforge].

Last week I gave Kubuntu a try: All the repos are configured by default, plenty of packages, synaptic is much more responsive than yum... after 3 days of downloading and configuration I've realized my "dream machine" and nothing is broken... Eg: all Kde packages are packaged separately, so that I don't have to install gigs of software to find an app.

And .... AMAROK IS DEFAULT IN KUBUNTU !!!

So I'm leaving: thanks to those who helped me [BTW: ubuntuforum.org support is IMPRESSIVE] and greetings from Italy.

Welcome to Ubuntu :)

BWF89
August 20th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Nama4ever: Make sure you come to the Ubuntu WAN Party this October.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=58262