PDA

View Full Version : Improve one piece of Ubuntu. Which one?

glotz
October 20th, 2007, 05:29 PM
What one piece in Ubuntu would you like to see improved most?

For me it's the Ubuntu BitTorrent client. It uses quite a lot of resources and it lacks basic functionality. BitTorrent is a great protocol and Ubuntu should embrace it better in my humble opinion.

(Please keep your posts short and to the point. Thanks.)

TidusBlade
October 20th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I would improve the internet connection support, or basically driver support. Mainly because it's the only thing I'm having problem with. Not wireless drivers though.

Anessen
October 20th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Hardware support. No contest.

ThinkBuntu
October 20th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Software support by major vendors. There's really nothing fundamentally wrong with Ubuntu, and it's covering its bases pretty well now. When Adobe, etc. begin making software for it, you'll see a big difference. Most Mac users don't know about NeoOffice, so if Microsoft didn't make MS Office for Mac, they'd be on Windows.

daynah
October 20th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I guess I've restricted my answer to things that are purely in our control...

Upgrading takes forever. Why does it take so long? Zomg, I set my computer to upgrade and then I go to bed and it's still got like 30 minutes to go. Holy jeeze. I dunno what I'd do if I wasn't spoilt rotten and didn't have a second computer. I'd probably like... schedule my upgrades for days when I have a party to go to, or otherwise am going to be too busy to use my computer. It's sorta sad...

Though I have NEVER had a problem with an upgrade. I'd much rather it be slow than it break my system, thank you very much. :)

Acglaphotis
October 20th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Better wallpapers?

LanDan
October 20th, 2007, 06:33 PM
i'm already happy with the features but i think for the next one the focus should be on stabilising the whole thing.

great having these new features every 6 months, but the progress made should be cashed in when it comes to the LTS

glotz
October 20th, 2007, 09:35 PM
daynah, what is taking so long? The download or the installation itself?

LanDan, I'm on Dapper and it is rock solid. I expect hardy to follow the tradition.