PDA

View Full Version : More remote problem

axelsvag
October 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I have a very succesfull install of the RC. Everything worked perfectly apart from the xmltv problem. I tried everything I could think of so at last I went to synaptic to install the lost xmltv. Everything worked find until the end when the installer asked me if I wanted to install a remote to my system. As I already had done that and it worked as i should I choosed not to. When I then went back to the frontend the remote was dead. The diod indicated that the ir receiver was sending signals but nothing entered the system. I tried irw but nothing happened sp it seems that something is broken. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. As I rmebered the same thing have happened when I tried Gutsy RC a few days ago also.

axelsvag
October 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Ok now I made a new fresh install. I did not load the xmltv through synaptic but just used the update manager. This time the question about the remote came again. And this time I used the yes option and used the mceusb2 driver. And to to my surprise the remote was gone again. So the problem donīt seem to have anthing to do with the xmltv download but with the update. Now I have to make a new fresh install because the "lirc gutsy" manual dont work. When I choose the command "sudo apt-get install lirc" or " DEBIAN_FRONTEND=gnome sudo apt-get install lirc" the manager refuses to start. So this time I will try not to configure the remote during install and wait until the uppdate is finished. Or does anyone have any suggstions??

axelsvag
October 21st, 2007, 08:28 AM
I canīt say I have solved the problem.... but this morning when I restarted the system everything worked as it should. I donīt have any clue what has changed but I am glad anyhow.