PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded, went absolutely fine

mlentink
October 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Just upgraded my home desktop from work (over VNC through Hamachi), from Feisty to Gutsy. Fine, no problems, although I now have a Gnome logo on the top left corner rather than an Ubuntu logo. Whatever.

Steve, pay attention:
This upgrade was on a system that was originally installed with a Dapper-beta, upgraded to Dapper (6.06), then to Edgy (6.10), then to Feisty (7.04), then to Gutsy (7.10) with zero problems, each time over the internet.
The upgrade today took less than three hours over a medium-bandwith line, with about 3 times of pushing an OK button.

YO, Ballmer, I'M TALKING TO YOU, DUDE!!!

Who says those open source guys can't innovate? How painless are upgrades for your customers?
And remember.... I didn't even pay for the stuff..

To all the named and nameless guys and gals that pulled this off, to all those magnificent, supportive people on this forum: Thank You!

buzzmandt
October 19th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Glad to read that it went well for someone, might try it if i hear some more good news

LowSky
October 19th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Mine work fine, since Gusty tribe 4, now using final and all is good.

sailor2001
October 19th, 2007, 10:30 PM
upgraded in no time at all. Also dl disk (torrent) in 20 min for other ppl to try out

FoundmyTux
October 19th, 2007, 10:56 PM
27 mins to download files, 20 mins to install on a Dell XPS. Before I always did a fresh install, but this worked so well I think this will become my preferred way to upgrade. With every upgrade I think we are getting one step closer to a windowless world.