PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Are you running Gutsy without major problems?

uflieven
October 19th, 2007, 10:27 AM
There seem to be a lot of problems with early Gutsy images. Strange lines, stripes or other major things not working.

So, here's the question: since when are you running Gutsy without major problems?
This may help other people to know when it will be safe to download and install without problems.

Please note: Times mentioned are GMT.

BUGabundo
October 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
I've been using gutsy since May. Most of the time without any major prob.
The only current prob that I have, is the lack of TTY due to probs with the FB and Intel

toddward
October 19th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'm quite impressed with 7.10. It's very smooth and easy to work with. This is gonna be one release that I'm definitely going to be hooked to for a while.

uflieven
October 19th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I'm surprised that most people who have already voted, have it working without problems since yesterday. I downloaded yesterday, and it didn't work.

Of course, about ten votes is a little to early to make conclusions.
One guy here seems to be joking :), we're only the nineteenth today. :)

FredB
October 19th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I'm surprised that most people who have already voted, have it working without problems since yesterday. I downloaded yesterday, and it didn't work.

Of course, about ten votes is a little to early to make conclusions.
One guy here seems to be joking :), we're only the nineteenth today. :)

Indeed ;)

Using gutsy since beta, and besides a pain-in-the-*** compiz bug, nothing to say but : YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !

A real pleasure to use.

lazyart
October 19th, 2007, 03:01 PM
well, since the 17th is not an option I went for the 18th. Minor problem with desktop effects but that was rectified later that evening.

uflieven
October 23rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
The new version is only 5 days out, but I'm having so much trouble, I'll vote for "It's still not working properly after more than a week", all my trouble isn't going to be fixed in 2 days.

Mike54
October 23rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
I feel pretty fortunate. I installed Gutsy on 14 October and allowed the updates on the 15th and 16th. And have had no major problems.

Beginners' luck, no doubt!

Compucore
October 23rd, 2007, 09:31 PM
The only major thing that I have with Gutsy for my laptop is the animation for it. For the effect. When I had installed it And tried to enable it. It somehow did not like to work on my 16 meg ATI radeon video card that was built into it. But it is only a minor thing. I went backk to feisty until they get some patches out for it. I think it is still way too new for it to worry about the extra add in's for it. Even though it is nice to see the effects working with gutsy as well.

Compucore

mcurtiss1970
October 23rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
downloaded the alt cd on the 19th and did a clean install. no problems so far. *crosses fingers*

TheTruth34
October 23rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
installed the other day and no problems yet

PartisanEntity
October 23rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Well basing it on date is a little misleading, I installed Gutsy on the 21st and have been running it without any issues since that date.

DarkDancer
October 23rd, 2007, 10:44 PM
I installed Gutsy the day it went Beta and have not had a single major problem.

escobar_
October 23rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Works very nicely.

Only problem I had was a crashing Firefox but Swiftfox seems to work well so no problem there either.

rfruth
October 23rd, 2007, 10:53 PM
biggest problem I have is a short between my keyboard and chair :)

fualad
October 23rd, 2007, 11:51 PM
everything works great.. except the sound, which is none. Sb X-Fi Xtreme Audio Varpak Sb0792vp. havent check for any compatibility, just playing with windows gaming box.

Old_Grey_Wolf
October 24th, 2007, 12:24 AM
I assumed local time zone for date, and noon :)

Jose Catre-Vandis
October 24th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Installed on the 19th. Configubuggeration since then :)

Loads of configuration and tweaks required to get everything working right. main hardware was fine - tv card, network printer, network. Just took a few evenings of fiddling to get it all going. A few problems with 3rd party programs - e.g. Virtualbox appearance and behaviour, but after 7 days it's great.

commonlyUNIQU3
October 24th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I downloaded the public beta about two weeks before the launch, and have just updated all the way with no issues. Everything is working beautifully.

NilsE
October 24th, 2007, 01:20 AM
I have been running it since Tribe 2 and outside of the problems you expect wit Alpha software I thought it did pretty well. I would say my offical install was with the Beta since I did a fresh install and it has been pretty stable and everything I need works. Actually more things work for me now than with prior releases.

The only real problems I have is with Firefox and that's not Gutsy. Actually, it's Flash so that's not even Firefox.

So, the bottom line is I didn't vote.

LookTJ
October 24th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Since the 20t(upgraded on that date), no major issues for my family.

Het Irv
October 24th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I was sick that weekend. I could have had it working 19th or 20th. Was only my wireless. Just had to pull the drivers (Restricted Drivers) from another computer and install them.