PDA

View Full Version : All-nighters

ThinkBuntu
October 19th, 2007, 08:06 AM
So I'm up now and will be the next five hours so I can finish up this big site that must be out ASAP. My first all-nighter in a long time, so I was wondering: Anyone in here having an all-nighter? Anyone pull one lately? Bonus: How to stay awake sans coffee (not permitted in the lab) until noon tomorrow, when I can catch a quick hour of sleep?

southernman
October 19th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Poking yourself in the eye should be good for another hour or so if you get tired. Probably make it tough to see what you type though.

Seriously though... Frequent breaks combining a walk to the restroom and washing your face should help.

Onyros
October 19th, 2007, 10:30 AM
All-nighters have kinda become my lifestyle. I pull a couple, sometimes more, per week.

I usually sleep 3 to 4 hours per night, so when I pull an all-nighter I usually compensate by sleeping an extra 2 or 3 hours the next day, or when I can.

I used to be a full-scale insomniac, going for several days without sleeping, but things were complicated then. I used to start seeing things with delay, feeling somewhat out-of-body and all.

As strange as it may seem, a part of me misses that part of my life. Life was much more surreal back then :P

LaRoza
October 19th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I often stay up in the wee hours of the morning coding, but for fun, not because I work. I don't drink coffee, and it is the fun of coding that keeps me up.

Taking a gaming break helps keep my mind awake. GNometris, Mines.