PDA

View Full Version : Kde vs Gnome

Zdravko
October 18th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Am I the only one here that knows KDE uses more resources than GNOME? Sorry, but KDE is not a good desktop environment.

Lord Illidan
October 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Am I the only one here that knows KDE uses more resources than GNOME? Sorry, but KDE is not a good desktop environment.

Don't turn this thread into a GNOME vs KDE flamewar please. If you don't like KDE, fine. Stay out of this thread, then. You're not helping anyone by stating this, and if you have proof, I'd like to see it.

notna01
October 18th, 2007, 09:20 PM

I used it for 10mins, and I found it easy to use, but I have an irrational fear of kde....

Zdravko
October 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Don't turn this thread into a GNOME vs KDE flamewar please. If you don't like KDE, fine. Stay out of this thread, then. You're not helping anyone by stating this, and if you have proof, I'd like to see it.
Oh, sorry. Didn't want to upset you. But you can't neglect the fact KDE uses more resources than GNOME.

Nekiruhs
October 19th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Oh, sorry. Didn't want to upset you. But you can't neglect the fact KDE uses more resources than GNOME.
Again, proof? KDE shares the loaded libraries among programs. GNOME however loads multiple copies of each library for every program that wants to access it. So yes, on start KDE uses more resources, but when you have apps open, it uses resources more efficiently.