PDA

View Full Version : My Question was answered button

earobinson
August 18th, 2005, 05:51 PM
I sometimes find that when I have a problem a person will respond saying that they have the same problem or with a solution that dident work, the problem is that after this happened my question is no longer in the unanswered threads, and so the chances of some one finding it are really small. What would be nice is if when a user made a post they could flag it as a question, and then when some one gave the correct answer they could click a button and flag that question as answered or solved. That way we could have an unanswered questions link also.

EDIT 1: Also that way when I was searching for an answer for my problem I could only search the answered threads.

EDIT 2: And I guess if a user did not sign on to the forums for X time then all the questions they asked would get marked as sleeping or something.

Thanks for all the hard work guys.

Teroedni
August 18th, 2005, 06:26 PM
I like your Idea
It would be great if such a system could be set up :-)

earobinson
August 18th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I like your Idea
It would be great if such a system could be set up :-)
Thanks I think so, and not to hard to code, but could be hard on the server having to do all that checking all the time im not sure.

Anyone know how feasible this is?

rwabel
August 21st, 2005, 06:38 PM
I like your idea. It would be great to have a button to click when your problem gets solved or your question answered. Other users see then also, that the problem is solved in that thread!

I'm not sure, but I think I've seen it in the french or german ubuntu forum

earobinson
August 21st, 2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks i think it would be really cool, now i just hope the admins read this.

ubuntu-geek
August 23rd, 2005, 07:35 PM
We had this feature at one point however no one ever used it and it got removed. I'll revisit it in the near future when we upgrade to vbulletin 3.5

rwabel
August 23rd, 2005, 11:33 PM
We had this feature at one point however no one ever used it and it got removed. I'll revisit it in the near future when we upgrade to vbulletin 3.5
thanks, that's great. maybe it should be somehow placed to see it better :-)

earobinson
August 25th, 2005, 03:04 PM
thanks, that's great. maybe it should be somehow placed to see it better :-)
Or a user should have right beside his name how many (open questions he has) I know it hurts the noobs but you could look at the join date also. I would be very happy to brain storm ideas on how to make this work since i have 2 or 3 posts that some one replyed to them I replyed back and nothing ever happend after that and the post got lost for ever.