PDA

View Full Version : I just found out how to fold a t-shirt!

jeremy
August 18th, 2005, 05:48 PM
http://www.fold-your-shirt.com/

matthew
August 18th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Impressive.

void_false
August 18th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Its magic... O:)

baRRacuda
August 18th, 2005, 07:11 PM
can any of u do that?:) i can't :roll:

bored2k
August 18th, 2005, 07:15 PM
When I figure out a way to do that I'll be the talk of my town !!

Impressive, can't wait to try it out. My first obstacle right now is me getting up from this chair :roll: ..

GavinX
August 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I've tried it and it comes out great. Not perfect yet, but great. It's really fast, too. I'm using that method as of today. Trick the wife into thinking I'm doing so much work with the laundry. :grin:

pmj
August 18th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I've been doing this for a year now. It's so fast and easy that I don't care that the result isn't perfectly straight.

TravisNewman
August 19th, 2005, 01:46 AM
my god, I wish I could take of my shirt in the computer lab to try that

krusbjorn
August 19th, 2005, 01:56 AM
I think it originates from this (http://media.putfile.com/cloth_folding94) video. They do it a little more slowly here ;)

benplaut
August 19th, 2005, 02:06 AM
well, i'm at school, so i didn't watch it, but i just learned how last week :roll:

xequence
August 19th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Thats impossible, do you know the resources it takes to do that?

Windows will be open source before that ever happpens.

EnderTheThird
August 19th, 2005, 02:23 AM
That video and website just blew my mind. I can't wait to do laundry now!

It does seem like the kind of 10 minute PSA/infomercial that should be MST3K'd though, doesn't it?

GavinX
August 19th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Thats impossible, do you know the resources it takes to do that?

Windows will be open source before that ever happpens.Actually, it's not impossible. I did it a few times and i'm getting really good at it. I did one abot 10 mintues ago and it was near perfect. Trust me, it is possible to get it exactly like the video does. My wife was extremely impressed when I did it.

super
August 19th, 2005, 03:31 AM
so have any of you ever been in a clothing store and ended up totally embarrassed because you can't fold t-shirts basck how they were? :-P

if you are like me you just try to stuff them at the back of the shelf before someone sees the mess you've made looking for the right size shirt.

not any more!! :grin:

Rule
August 19th, 2005, 06:39 AM
so have any of you ever been in a clothing store and ended up totally embarrassed because you can't fold t-shirts basck how they were? :-P

if you are like me you just try to stuff them at the back of the shelf before someone sees the mess you've made looking for the right size shirt.

not any more!! :grin:
http://www3.telus.net/ra11le/smilies/werd.gif

FLeiXiuS
August 19th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Oh crap!!

Wait till mom see's this one! MUAHA!

"Putting moms out of business, one shirt at a time" -- FLeiXiuS

nrayever
August 19th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Actually, it's not impossible. I did it a few times and i'm getting really good at it. I did one abot 10 mintues ago and it was near perfect. Trust me, it is possible to get it exactly like the video does. My wife was extremely impressed when I did it.

hahahahahaha, ur wife may was lately wondering if u could really do some other house works, maybe wash the dishes, etc.... hahahahah, sorry was a joke!!

i have seen the video. seem to be impossible but those japanese guys r always doing crazy stuff. with that one they got something useful!!! :grin: :grin:

hashimoto
August 19th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Oh man! This is one great practical result of origami hobby. I've been using magazines and what ever to get my shirts/T-shirts somewhat properly folded. This will win hands down. I just can't wait to practise and impress my wife. Thanks!

WildTangent
August 19th, 2005, 08:56 AM
origami with t-shirts...who'da thunk it....

-Wild

heimo
August 19th, 2005, 09:10 AM
That's a neat trick! I'm going to undress right now.

sapo
August 19th, 2005, 09:51 AM
this is kinda old.. i remember seeing long ago a video of a japanese woman doing this :p

TristanMike
August 19th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Oh man, that's awesome. At first I couldn't get it, I was only getting twisted shirts. Until I realized you have to grab the opposite side, now, 5 tries later and it's almost perfect. Cool :)

skoal
August 20th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Ah. A new twist? Yes. A better method? Still no.

By far and away, roll baby! roll!

If you've ever served in the US Army, you'd understand the efficiency of rolling, not twisting, nor folding...

roll baby! roll!

T-shirts, underwear, socks, you name it! Roll baby! Roll! It packs tighter, making room for even more space in chester drawers. It pulls tighter, pressing out the wrinkles which normally plague other such traditional (or non traditional) methods - it's like having a virtual iron pressing down upon your clothes at all times when you roll.

roll baby! roll!

Of course, the downside to rolling everything made from fabric is the very nature of it's addictiveness. I find myself at times applying it to more things than I should. I like to roll my money - which makes for awkward moments at the grocery store as dollar bills spring back to life while dancing happily onto clerk counters. I like to roll Church bulletins and stuff them into my back pocket as I walk up to receive communion - which sometimes poke and stab the poor soul behind me in line. The list goes on. You name it. If it's flexible, I can roll it. Go with the roll...

\\//_

TravisNewman
August 21st, 2005, 08:35 PM
you gotta roll with it, you gotta take your time... ok I'll stop singing Oasis now.

Seriously, rolling works amazingly well. In my experience, t-shirts work better folded, but it could be the drawer layout I'm using.

Boxers, socks, pants, they all get rolled. No wrinkles either!

Mike Buksas
August 21st, 2005, 09:23 PM
There's this older flash animation (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fold.php) I have no idea what language it's in, but it gets the point across.

Wierd. Works great though!