PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Linux Guild

remin8
August 18th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Guild Wars works great on my ubuntu box! I am in a guild called Linux Huggers Anonomous and it would be great to grow this all Linux guild. Email me or look up Remin Of Eight when your playing!

bloodpuppy
August 19th, 2005, 04:52 AM
does Guild Wars come with linux support or did you have to do something to get it to work?

Mishura
August 19th, 2005, 05:40 AM
He used the latest Cedega to run it. There is no native linux client, yet.

kisain
August 25th, 2005, 02:35 PM
ok how the heck are you running guild wars in linux with point2play and cedega (the current version)? i have been trying to play guild wars ever sence i bought it and i just get a stupid blank screen with a mouse pointer everyone else can get it to run
i bought it off the internet and installed it in point 2 play and nothing do i need the cd?

i know my box can play it cause i play it in my windows partition

please help

thanx

Tentious
September 7th, 2005, 09:03 PM
I am able to install GW, but when I try to launch it, I get a black screen, sometimes i won't even get that, i'll get a box to the left side and my box freezes up(cursur and everything, TOTAL lockup) and I have to shut it down manually and start up. Anyone out there able to get Guild Wars and Cedega working?

e^e
September 20th, 2005, 10:11 PM
It's working! I also had the black screen problem, this is what i had to do , add this
to your config file, if it's already there, just uncomment it.

"PixelShadersLevel" = "1.3"

previously it was set to 1.1 by default. It even gets rid of the annoying "unsupported hardware" message that usually pops up.

Make sure you launch it in full screen mode, because it will lag alot in windowed mode. Surprisingly it works on my old gf 2mx too :D. so there you go.

madjo
September 20th, 2005, 10:49 PM
My friend was over the other day, and I showed him http://www.exploitsrus.com/gw.html It is a site with cheats, bugs, dupes, etc for guild wars. He told me it was against the rules for gw to do this. Is this true? I am used to cheating on video games for my whole life, so I was sort of shocked to hear this.
cheating, especially in online games, is frowned upon.. and I think it is indeed against the rules of Guildwars...and I think especially Guildwars (and other MMORPGs) is really a game you can learn to play yourself, instead of relying on cheats all the time, try investing some of your skills and improve them :)

jyank
September 21st, 2005, 12:01 AM
Bah, I would join but I lost my log-in info due to some exploit and NCSoft pretty much said "oh well" the only way for me to play again is to pay $50 for a new CD-Key and start over. lame

peoples_opium
October 22nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
hey can any one help me with installing guild wars? im a complete noob so it neads to be siple with no jargon. Thanks:)

justin whitaker
October 22nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
hey can any one help me with installing guild wars? im a complete noob so it neads to be siple with no jargon. Thanks:)

It's not a simple thing if you are just using Wine. It's not deep arcane teminal knowledge, but it's not drop the coasters in and away you go either.

There is a script floating around that automates it for you.

peoples_opium
October 22nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
ok then were can i find how to install it in wine?

dziemecki
December 11th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Try here:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Linux

Your mileage may vary, but it's about 90% perfect on WINE. Some minor graphics anomolies, problems with screen caps and texmod (naturally) wont work. Still, pretty good.

dziemecki
December 31st, 2007, 02:05 PM
Is it my imagination, of has the latest WINE upgrade hosed GW? I'm getting full OS freezes on mission starts, now.

K.Mandla
January 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
Moved to Wine subforum. ;)

ariedry
April 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
its working on wine?

Bios Element
April 3rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
its working on wine?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: I've not tried to get it working recently but it's got a platinum rating on the Wine AppDB. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9194

sonnenenergie
September 1st, 2010, 08:44 AM
It is possible to play it on Linux using Wine, CrossOver or using a virtual machine. http://sunrent.de/smileynormal.ico

dano0955
January 23rd, 2011, 10:50 PM
I am able to install GW, but when I try to launch it, I get a black screen, sometimes i won't even get that, i'll get a box to the left side and my box freezes up(cursur and everything, TOTAL lockup) and I have to shut it down manually and start up. Anyone out there able to get Guild Wars and Cedega working?

You need to wine regedit Htkey Usr Machine/software/wine add new key Direct3D choose Direct3D add string value Multisampling enable or disable whichever works for you