PDA

View Full Version : shipit stopped?

akurashy
August 18th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I don't know where to post this, anyway, I been wondering if canonical stopped shipping cds. I ordered 60 cds (back then when they announced hoary was going to be in the next shipment) any ideas :(

newbie2
August 18th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I don't know where to post this, anyway, I been wondering if canonical stopped shipping cds. I ordered 60 cds (back then when they announced hoary was going to be in the next shipment) any ideas :(
"I will no longer be involved in the distribution of CDs so email info@shipit.ubuntu.com and not me if you have a question along these lines. :) "
http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/freesoftware/20050811-00.html

Mighty Mik
August 20th, 2005, 11:08 PM
No...i *JUST* mine today (disks 25/5/5), and they were mailed last month (7/21), IF you got 4.10 disks, my understanding is that you (and me) went to the bottom of the list for the next batch. So...don't give up, they may yet arrive. Check Shipit if you haven't lately, maybe there is some info there. If any of the powers that be are reading...it would be nice to be better stocked on these, and get them out sooner. I too ordered just after they became available, and could have used some for a trip in May. I burned some, and used one copy to troubleshoot a box while i was there.

akurashy
August 21st, 2005, 12:26 AM
No...i *JUST* mine today (disks 25/5/5), and they were mailed last month (7/21), IF you got 4.10 disks, my understanding is that you (and me) went to the bottom of the list for the next batch. So...don't give up, they may yet arrive. Check Shipit if you haven't lately, maybe there is some info there. If any of the powers that be are reading...it would be nice to be better stocked on these, and get them out sooner. I too ordered just after they became available, and could have used some for a trip in May. I burned some, and used one copy to troubleshoot a box while i was there.

I ordered 60, though, dont blame me, people here like ubuntu(in PR) :D, but they want me to order some more of their latest version, and i did (for them and for me because i need the latest version) to keep installing for my pals here. but i dont blame them though... everyone wants to get ubuntu cd(s), must be a lot of orders :)