PDA

View Full Version : The Zippy Zebra 17.04 thread!

chewearn
October 18th, 2007, 08:55 AM
In honour of Gutsy Gibbon release today, let's discuss about how we think Ubuntu will be in about 10 years; when the alphabet finally reaches 'Z'; hence Zippy Zebra 17.04.

I kick off with: True 3D Desktop that put Compiz Fusion to shame. True 3D because the display device will be real 3D display by then. :)

NovaAesa
October 18th, 2007, 09:32 AM
A bit like a holograph? That would be great!
Maybe some kind of neural implant instead of a mouse. So you could just think to make whatever input you wanted to do.

orange2k
October 18th, 2007, 09:37 AM
A bit like a holograph? That would be great!
Maybe some kind of neural implant instead of a mouse. So you could just think to make whatever input you wanted to do.

The other day I read somewhere that Microsoft wants to patent the exact same thing...
I just hope that by 2017 MS wont be important anymore...

Tux Aubrey
October 18th, 2007, 10:57 AM
A bit like a holograph?

Yes. A brown holograph.

Suspend/hibernate will work.

OpenOffice.org spreadsheet will be able to handle tables pasted from other OO apps.

The Enlightenment Desktop will have reach version 0.18 (still alpha) and RAV TUX will be singing its praises in at least 15 posts - although he will have his own forum by then.

This will all be announced by Mark Shuttleworth, the worlds most eligible bachelor, from his fortified eyrie high in the mountains of the south island of New Zealand - the only place on earth not either frozen or burnt to crisp in 2017.