PDA

View Full Version : very peculiar

-grubby
October 18th, 2007, 03:42 AM
I get a lot of old PC parts. So I was/am installing Ubuntu on this hard drive I got. So I looked at it before I got it (general overview) but this perplexed me. There is an ISO file for Ubuntu 6.06 server on this HD! I thought I was the only person that even thought about using Linux in this town! This is especially surprising since my town has a population of 2000. Most people (in my town) only use Windows and are generally computer illiterate(not that you need a computer science degree to use Ubuntu,most people don't have a clue there are alternatives.) So this really surprises me. Also, once in a computer I was given there was a Red Hat 6.0 boot floppy

:shock:

nonewmsgs
October 18th, 2007, 03:54 AM
neat.

-grubby
October 18th, 2007, 05:05 AM
*bump*

DoctorMO
October 18th, 2007, 05:10 AM
If your town has only 2,000 people then aren't you in a really good position to network yourself effectively to present the ubuntu alternative to people? It sounds like you have business in dealing with computers anyway and I normally price ubuntu help lower than other operating systems to encourage people to ask what it is and why it's cheaper.:KS

-grubby
October 18th, 2007, 05:18 AM
If your town has only 2,000 people then aren't you in a really good position to network yourself effectively to present the ubuntu alternative to people? It sounds like you have business in dealing with computers anyway and I normally price ubuntu help lower than other operating systems to encourage people to ask what it is and why it's cheaper.:KS

but I'm only 14! I can't start a business selling computers. Maybe Ebay.....

popch
October 18th, 2007, 08:03 AM
When others can distribute newspapers and do lawns, I think it should be possible for you to do something along that line, if you want to.

curuxz
October 18th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I would not post screen shots of other peoples hard drive listing, its not really ethical IMHO, esp this guy since he seems to have downloaded quite a few illegal sounding things like movies.

n3tfury
October 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I would not post screen shots of other peoples hard drive listing, its not really ethical IMHO, esp this guy since he seems to have downloaded quite a few illegal sounding things like movies.

agreed.