PDA

View Full Version : C++ on Ubuntu?

marenkar
October 17th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I got it already, but it wont install, guess it wont work here. I heard there was a program that works on Ubuntu and runs C++, Codeblocks IDE I think, where will I be able to get this program. No, i'm not looking for something like WINE.

Druke
October 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I got it already, but it wont install, guess it wont work here. I heard there was a program that works on Ubuntu and runs C++, Codeblocks IDE I think, where will I be able to get this program. No, i'm not looking for something like WINE.

Your wanting an IDE? In the package manager Anjuta works very well (though I prefer getting the latest version from them. The generic C++ compiler in ubuntu is gcc

ankursethi
October 17th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I think I know where you're coming from. Is it Turbo C++/Microsoft Visual C++/Borland C++ that you want to install? Or is it the Code::Blocks IDE?

Code::Blocks is available from Codeblocks.org. Just click the download button and choose to download the unstable build instead of the latest stable version. You will find Ubuntu packages in the forums.

You will also need to do :

sudo aptitude install build-essential
in the terminal to get the compiler.

You should also take a look at Anjuta. To install Anjuta, go to Applications->Add/Remove and look for it there.