PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lafayette

Mike54
October 16th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I just wanted to drop in, say hello and introduce myself.

I've been around since the VIC-20 days, but I only discovered Ubuntu/Linux about 30 days ago. It's certainly been an interesting month, but I've managed to wipe Windows off one computer to go with a full Feisty install which I've just successfully upgraded to Gutsy. My primary computer is still using a Wubi-installed Feisty, but I'm preparing to do a full Gutsy install on that one as well.

I hope I will be able to gain enough Ubuntu experience to be able to help others as much as I've been helped these last few weeks.

simon.a.ruiz
October 18th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Awesome. Welcome aboard!

I, erm, don't think it's been announced on the forums, yet, but we're having a celebration this coming Saturday to commemorate the release of Gutsy Gibbon.

More information at: <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianaTeam#head-33657a182dc0f5ba9d53cb9424def313da422b44>

I think I'll drop an announcement on the forums, just in case it's not too late!

irish_flu
October 19th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Welcome, Mike!

Mike54
October 20th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I hope you will all have a good time at the Claddagh this evening. I tapped my budget a bit harder than I should have last weekend, at an Irish pub here in Lafayette. As a result, tonight's big do is out of the question. And a pint of Guinness would really taste good this evening, too. Ah, well, an old duffer like myself would probably be out of place anyway.

simon.a.ruiz
October 20th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Ah, well, maybe next time.

Ah, well, an old duffer like myself would probably be out of place anyway.

Nonsense!