View Full Version : how to install 3rd party software
October 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM
im new with ubuntu, im trying to install a RIP software for linux on ubuntu 7.04.
i cant install the program
it uses terminal command that im not familiar with
the installer is on the cd
can someone help give me step by step procedure to install the content
from the cd
i really need that software to be installed on ubuntu os
October 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Installing the RIP
You must install into the default directory recommended by the installer, which is Fusion_72r0 of the home directory of the
user installing the RIP.
If you have not already done so...
1. Insert the installation CD into your Linux system or download the Fusion RIP 7.2r0 for Linux ISO image file.
2. If you download the ISO image, you may uncompress it and write it to CDROM, or mount it directly using the
mount -o loop Fusion_7.2r0_Linux.iso <mount/directory>
1. Open a Terminal window
2. In the Terminal window navigate to the top level of the CD-ROM or mounted disk image and enter the command:
This will launch the RIP installer interface.
3. In the Choose Package section, select “Fusion, 7.2r0”. In the Choose Product section, select “Fusion” if you
have a hardware dongle and license for operating the RIP (please ensure that your hardware dongle is
attached to a system USB port), or “Fusion (Wmark)” to evaluate the RIP. Click the Add button.
4. Sentinel Driver. If you are installing the fully licensed, dongle protected RIP, you will need to install the Senti-
nel driver. In the Choose Package section, select “Drivers, 7.2r0”. In the Choose Product section, select
the “Sentinel” driver. Without the Sentinel driver you will be unable to run the RIP. Click the Add button. You
will NOT need to install the Sentinel Driver if you are installing the Watermark RIP.
Last Modified - March 20, 2007 7:08 AM
5. [Optional Step] Choose other products according to your needs and add them to the List of products to install.
6. Click the Install button.
For fully-licensed, dongle-protected RIP installs only
1. In your Terminal window, become “root” and “cd” to the “sentinel” folder under the main RIP installation folder.
2. Invoke the sentinel installer shell script as follows:
3. The shell script will prompt you to make the choices appropriate for your system for the Rainbow Sentinel
Dongle driver. The driver is installed into the /opt/RainbowTechnologies/SUD5.5/~ directory. A link to the
startup script for the Rainbow daemon is placed into your /etc/rc.d/rc2.d directory.
4. When the install is complete, reboot your Linux system in order to install the dongle driver.
this is the steps provided by the manual
navigate to the top level of the CD-ROM or mounted disk image and enter the command: -dont know how to do this :-(
October 16th, 2007, 09:43 AM
1. Restart the system.
2. Before installing the new RIP you should ensure the HLS is not running.
See Section 5.3 on page 15 for more information.
3. Mount the CD using:
4. At the command prompt, type the following:
5. Navigate to the top level of the CD-ROM (using cd /mnt/cdrom) and
enter the command:
another install guide
dont know whats wrong :confused:
October 16th, 2007, 10:15 AM
saan po ba makikita ang RIP Software na gusto nyong e-install?
i googled RIP software but its too common a word for a keyword.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.