PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu on Digg

Coldkill
October 15th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up a ton of times but it's starting to get on my nerves.

There's a large amount of trolls on Digg saying stuff. Now, I'm alright with constructive criticism but there's stuff like:

-Insults over "physical characteristics" of Linux users
-general idiotic statements

What is your take? Should we get a bunch of people on Digg to get rid of the trolls? Should we contact the Digg mods? (the report button doesn't do anything)

It's gone passed trolling or as some people would say "telling you something you don't want to hear" and it's now to insulting people straight up.

regomodo
October 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
the unix/linux section becoming a ubuntu section

Coldkill
October 15th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Even so, there are a ton of people discovering Linux through Ubuntu. If you want to submit a story about another distro then go ahead. Topics still get "dugg" and Linux users still get insulted.

n3tfury
October 15th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up a ton of times but it's starting to get on my nerves.

There's a large amount of trolls on Digg saying stuff. Now, I'm alright with constructive criticism but there's stuff like:

-Insults over "physical characteristics" of Linux users
-general idiotic statements

What is your take? Should we get a bunch of people on Digg to get rid of the trolls? Should we contact the Digg mods? (the report button doesn't do anything)

It's gone passed trolling or as some people would say "telling you something you don't want to hear" and it's now to insulting people straight up.

it's the internet. don't lose sleep over it. you'll never get rid of trolls like that nor will digg mods do anything about trolls.

ticopelp
October 15th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Digg's comments section, like most every other "comments section" on the Internet, is a cesspool of imbeciles. I never read the comments. They're worthless.

n3tfury
October 16th, 2007, 12:36 AM
lol, "solved"

Coldkill
October 16th, 2007, 12:56 AM
:lolflag:

Acglaphotis
October 16th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Digg's comments section, like most every other "comments section" on the Internet, is a cesspool of imbeciles. I never read the comments. They're worthless.

I disagree. I see plenty of funny comments in the comment section. I just happen to like laughing. And sometimes people give a direct link or a mirror, maybe a link related to the subject, but most of them are just that, funny.

ticopelp
October 16th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I disagree. I see plenty of funny comments in the comment section. I just happen to like laughing. And sometimes people give a direct link or a mirror, maybe a link related to the subject, but most of them are just that, funny.

There's not much I can say to that except humor is subjective. I guess if you think runaway stupidity is funny, more power to you. Personally, I've never seen anything in the comments section I found funny, or even interesting.

vishzilla
October 16th, 2007, 03:34 AM
its pretty much a mixture of praises and insults. the insults are mainly due to the heavy ubuntu diggs in the linux/unix section.