PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else use Deluge?

aktiwers
October 15th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I have been a long time Azureus user, but lately I discovered the beautiful Deluge.

Seriously, It seams to do everything faster..

Anyone else using Deluge?

Its written in python and is pretty lightweight :guitar:

Edit:
Heh forgot link:
http://deluge-torrent.org/
(http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=deluge)

tschneiter
October 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Just started using it myself, and yes, it kicks the crap out of azureus. The best part is that it doesnt include the java-bloat of it's counterpart.
My only complaint is that the blocklist reloads on _every_ start. This doesnt take that long but its annoying!

Also, its in the repositories... sudo apt-get install deluge
;)

orange2k
October 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Deluge is great and Ive tried Azureus, BitTornado, utorrent (on Windows)... Deluge beats them all...

aktiwers
October 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
On Azureus I always had to wait like 2-5 mins before it found all the seeds and peers. I used to call it "the torrent need to warm up", when my sister asked why it was so slow..

On Deluge it takes between 5-10 sec! Or 5 to - 30 sec. but really its so much faster! :) I think Im in love..

conehead77
October 15th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I use it for 2 days now and dont plan to go back to azureus...

A lot of people use Deluge: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=562983

Flyingjester
October 15th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I use Deluge, I really like it.

veratyr
October 15th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah it seems much nicer than any of the others I've tried. Maybe someday it will become the default gnome bit torrent application. It seems to integrate very nicely already.

tribaal
October 15th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah Deluge rocks :)

Cochise
October 15th, 2007, 02:56 PM
i used deluge for a month or two and i love it, used to use azureus and then transmisson.

anaconda
October 15th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I used deluge, but now I have moved back to ktorrent.

Just couldn't stand that deluge stole the whole internet connection. Couldn't use even firefox at the same time (too slow). And this was when deluge was downloading at less than 50% of my ADSL:s max speed. No such problems with ktorrent even if it is downloading at max speed.

rahimveron
October 15th, 2007, 03:14 PM
When i switched to Ubuntu i had Azureus installed but was fortunate to get the info from UF about Deluge; I haven't looked back since then.
Azureus has always been memory-hog while Deluge is so light yet powerfull(maybe not as feature or tweaking-rich as Azureus)

visionaire
October 15th, 2007, 03:41 PM
KTorrent!

Ultra Magnus
October 15th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Wow - read this thread and decided to try it out - Over 100 Kb/s - I've never had a torrent go that fast!

FuturePilot
October 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I use Deluge and I love it!:guitar:

original_jamingrit
October 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I use Deluge. I only have half a gig of ram and a gig of swap, and deluge handles the memory a lot better than utorrent and azerues. As for connection, mine's already pretty crappy to begin with so I don't notice a huge difference.

23meg
October 15th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I'm switching from Transmission to Deluge, upon noticing (thanks to this thread) that it's improved a lot since I last checked it out.

FuturePilot
October 15th, 2007, 05:20 PM
0.5.5 for Feisty here.
http://deluge-torrent.org/downloads

Cochise
October 15th, 2007, 05:23 PM
0.5.5 for Feisty here.
http://deluge-torrent.org/downloads

its also available for gutsy too

Henry Rayker
October 15th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I used Deluge for a little while while I was looking to find an applicable torrent replacement...Azureus would hard-lock my machine for some reason...

I don't remember my issues with Deluge, but I do recall it being pretty snappy. I wound up settling on rtorrent...partly because I really like the ncurses interface, but also because it does EVERYTHING I need it to do without any trouble without wasting resources.

Quake
October 15th, 2007, 05:52 PM
The last time I used Deluged, it didn't support encryption.

Does it support encryption now?

beyboo
October 15th, 2007, 05:54 PM
been using it after switching to Feisty (read as complete switch to linux) and dint want to listen to advice about running utorrent on wine. After a lot of torrents it gets to be a bit heavier at startup, but love it once its up and going.

its a beautiful piece of software.

mthei
October 15th, 2007, 06:24 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the two major issues that I had with Deluge - problems reseeding torrents already uploaded using Ktorrent and then after a few days, it wouldn't even load - have been taken care of, the latter being something that just had to be changed in the configuration file. This was version 0.5.3, and the first problem was enough to send me back to Ktorrent, although recently I've been using uTorrent with Wine, both of which, even with the additional libraries, would never take more than 5mb of RAM, and now I'm too used to uTorrent again, although really, Deluge is pretty much the same thing. I may give it a shot again, seeing that there are so may other people using it now.

sophtpaw
October 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I have been a long time Azureus user, but lately I discovered the beautiful Deluge.

Seriously, It seams to do everything faster..

Its written in python and is pretty lightweight :guitar:

Edit:
Heh forgot link:
http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=deluge

Deluge was sent directly by God :guitar:

Azureus - You're Fired!

I had to use utorrent with wine to have a decent torrent that worked, until someone pointed me back onto the path of righteousness

23meg
October 15th, 2007, 07:11 PM

Yes.

FredB
October 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Using deluge since 0.5.3... Just the best client I've ever used !

Lord Illidan
October 15th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Deluge was sent directly by God :guitar:

Azureus - You're Fired!

I had to use utorrent with wine to have a decent torrent that worked, until someone pointed me back onto the path of righteousness

Since Azureus doesn't work from Gutsy's repos, I too use Deluge. Very nice!

Perfect Storm
October 15th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I've also moved from Azureus to Deluge some time ago. I must say it's a nice piece of application there :guitar:

Hairy_Palms
October 15th, 2007, 07:27 PM
im personally sold on transmission, but deluge is an ok 2nd.

aktiwers
October 16th, 2007, 01:20 AM

Actually thats one of the things I forgot to mention!

My ISP has some evil Packet Shaping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_shaping) going on here, and the only way for me to use Torrents was to encrypt the connection. I used to do that with Azureus, but did never get really good speeds.

Now with the Deluge encryption I get 4 times better speed (from 500KiB/s with Azureus, to 2.5MiB/s with Deluge), which makes me conclude that Deluge has a lot better encryption than Azureus.

Woah!

Montsegur87
October 16th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Im using 0.5.5.95 from the SVN.

adzik
October 16th, 2007, 03:47 AM
I noticed a similar improvement with my torrents when I switched to Deluge. My encrypted connections through Azureus were dirt slow... and it would take forever to get going. Any program that needs to 'warm up', just doesn't belong in my system.
Anyway, I think I'm gonna' be sticking with Deluge for quite some time.

zachtib
October 17th, 2007, 06:42 PM
glad you guys like it.

btw, gutsy users can now use this repository, which includes both stable and unstable packages:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/zachtib/ubuntu gutsy main universe
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/zachtib/ubuntu gutsy main universe

TidusBlade
October 17th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah it's awesome :D Not bloated, not featurless and it works :guitar:

crypto178
October 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM
The first time I used it, it totally killed my Internet connection. After some tweaking, it now works perfectly (I've heard they added a configuration wizard since then). It's really an excellent bittorrent client.

dmf86
October 17th, 2007, 06:57 PM
It's very good, it seems to connect to peers better, and it's fast. Best torrent client. :)

Anonii
October 17th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I've been using Deluge for some time. It misses some features, but it's the best GTK torrent client out there, imo (Azureus is bloated as hell and in Java. It doesn't count.).

FredB
October 17th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Using Deluge since 0.5.3... And Azureus is for me long dead...

Remco
October 21st, 2007, 01:08 AM
Am I the only one having problems running Deluge on Gutsy? The console gives me this:

remco@remco-desktop:~$ deluge
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 44, in <module>
import deluge.core
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/deluge/core.py", line 58, in <module>
import deluge_core
ImportError: libboost_filesystem-gcc-mt-1_33_1.so.1.33.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Apt will only give me libboost-filesystem1.34.

koleoptero
October 21st, 2007, 02:36 AM
I've been using deluge for the past few weeks both with feisty and gutsy, and after testing all the major clients, decided it's the best. But it's not perfect. I've had problems with some torrents like deluge taking ages to start and close because of checking the entire content of the torrent each time, deluge just freezing for some minutes, and sometimes using almost 100% of the cpu. But I suspect that the torrents I've been downloading had something to do with it.

mindtrick
October 21st, 2007, 03:53 AM
It takes a while to close, otherwise very well satisfies my bittorrent need. Transmission is also cool.

Minadude
October 21st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Hi there!

I have been using uTorrent on windows for a while....and I am also hosting a private server on my network

so (damn windows...or uTorrent) when I download torrents my internet connection gets a little slim....and users complain about lag.

I want to move my "torrents life" on my linux box....however, I'm concerned about the same issue happening with Deluge as well....

can someone give me feedback on internet bandwidth with Deluge? or suggest another torrent package that i can use instead?

Thank you very much for your help!

adante
October 21st, 2007, 06:31 PM
tried using 0.5.5 and i got the hilarious torrent-starts-then-pauses-then-starts-then-pauses bug.
Its a very nice looking client I must admit but the critical flaw for me is the fact I can't download torrents :confused:, so wine + utorrent for now

Im using 0.5.5.95 from the SVN.

how did you install this? I tried installing the 5.5.95 debs but it said my version of python-support is too old (>=0.7.1 vs 0.6.4ubuntu1). Are you able to build this against an older python or do you have a newer python-support installed?

Or does anybody know of a way to (stably, preferably) get 5.5.95 built/installed?

no1wantdthisname
October 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM
tried using 0.5.5 and i got the hilarious torrent-starts-then-pauses-then-starts-then-pauses bug.
Its a very nice looking client I must admit but the critical flaw for me is the fact I can't download torrents :confused:, so wine + utorrent for now

how did you install this? I tried installing the 5.5.95 debs but it said my version of python-support is too old (>=0.7.1 vs 0.6.4ubuntu1). Are you able to build this against an older python or do you have a newer python-support installed?

Or does anybody know of a way to (stably, preferably) get 5.5.95 built/installed?

From the main site.
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/index.php?dir=ubuntu/

GrouchoMarx
October 21st, 2007, 08:59 PM
Deluge is a great client, and it seems to handle encryption better than Azureus.

The only minor problem so far has been with the blocklist plugin: It will often cause the client to hang indefinetly, and whenever it attempts to download a new blocklist it will ditch the old blocklist well before the new one's installed (and in the meanwhile active torrents start connecting to previously blocked peers).

However the core client is excellent, and the development seems to be moving along fairly fast.

BOBSONATOR
October 21st, 2007, 09:40 PM
im using deluge and love it

misfitpierce
October 21st, 2007, 09:50 PM
I use it because azureus uses like 150+MB ram with java. Deluge runs est. 50MB and has encryption and IP blocking. All in same spot and runs faster and lighter... Whats not to love.

adante
October 22nd, 2007, 12:21 AM
From the main site.
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/index.php?dir=ubuntu/

I tried installing the 5.5.95 debs but it said my version of python-support is too old (>=0.7.1 vs 0.6.4ubuntu1). Are you able to build this against an older python or do you have a newer python-support installed?

as I said, I have tried installing the 0.5.5.95 debs but got the above, so I guess my questions remain.

glotz
October 22nd, 2007, 01:18 AM
Since everybody seems to love this guy and I'm seeking for a new alternative client, does this thing run on Dapper? Currently on Transmission 0.82 and it's okayish. Not hogging resources but somewhat kludgy.

rlc.blacksun
October 22nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
I'm having the same libboost error as Remco: "ImportError: libboost_filesystem-gcc-mt-1_33_1.so.1.33.1" Anyone have any ideas? Also, I should mention that I've uninstalled the version I was using on Feisty and I'm now using the repository listed on the Deluge website.

Luggy
October 22nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
I used Deluge before it was in the repos and it was great ( although every once and a while you had to while your config files to get it working again ).

Since going to Gutsy I had to uninstall the version that I built myself so the one from the repos would work. It was a minor pain but what really sucks is that the version in the repos right now isn't as nice as the one I was using before :(

zeronothing
October 22nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
everyone,

I will say Deluge is a great bittorrent client but I'm in a toss-up here. I also have qbittorrent and bitwash installed and I like those as well. Deluge is developing into a great bittorrent client.

John.Michael.Kane
October 22nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
I used deluge 0.5.5-2 when downloading Gutsy. Pretty neat app,it did what I needed without issue.

b0ng0
October 22nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah always used Azureus in the past but starting using Deluge since installing Gutsy and it's so much nicer. Totally lightweight and simple, as they aim to do apparently.

glotz
October 22nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Does this bitwash have a homepage?

Beggar
October 22nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
I love it, and its defintely blow azureus out of the water, but it sucks that I have to stop my torrents do anything internet related, I.E. if I want to browse the ubuntu forums, it needs to be paused, otherwise connections timeout and/or pages take ages to load.

zeronothing
October 22nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
actually if you go to the www.getdeb.net website. you can download the deb package from the site. you can also find the homepage for bitswash on their as well

glotz
October 22nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks.

Spike-X
October 23rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
I just found out about Deluge. I'm using it now for...er, stuff...and it's working great - good d/l speed, and very light on resources compared to Azureus (which just doesn't want to work properly with gutsy).

mojoman
October 25th, 2007, 06:56 AM
I've been using Deluge for a month or so. Azureus was really getting on my nerves. It's bloated and buggy. I tried some other torrent-applications as well but they never got up to any speed. Deluge fits my bill. Awesome application.

23meg
October 25th, 2007, 06:57 AM
0.5.6 is out.

Changelog: http://www.deluge-torrent.org/Changelog

PartisanEntity
October 25th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I was a long time Azureus user myself, but the recent versions have been making my wireless router drop the connection repeatedly. So I had a look at other Bittorent clients and I liked KTorrent and Deluge (I used KTorrent in GNOME).

Deluge was a little bugy in Feisty, I shall have to try it out again in Gutsy.

jenhsun
October 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I use Deluge too.
It uses libtorrent coded by C++. The performance is great.
Integrate well in Ubuntu Gnome.

jenhsun
October 25th, 2007, 12:34 PM
0.5.6 is out.

Changelog: http://www.deluge-torrent.org/Changelog

That's fast. The 0.5.5 just release weeks ago.
Thanks anyway.

EdThaSlayer
October 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Deluge is really good, it is like the Ktorrent for GNOME. I do have to agree that Azereus is slow due to java. Azereus also doesn't seem to be able to connect properly so downloads speeds in Azereus are usually 0 for me, while in Deluge it goes to 25 kbps pretty fast(when I still had a 256 kbps internet connection).

mthei
October 25th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I spent a few days using Deluge, and while I really like the feel of it (it's very much, as has been mentioned, the GTK version of Ktorrent, and still feels similar to uTorrent), but by the end of each day, it's memory usage (30mb) would would be much more than uTorrent with Wine (stays around 5-6mb), and even Ktorrent with all the extra libraries (around 10-11mb). But having seen it mention in their forums, it looks like something that would be addressed, so I'm looking forward to trying this new release.

aktiwers
October 25th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I love it, and its defintely blow azureus out of the water, but it sucks that I have to stop my torrents do anything internet related, I.E. if I want to browse the ubuntu forums, it needs to be paused, otherwise connections timeout and/or pages take ages to load.

Why not enable Traffic plugin, so you can control global up and down speed? I do that :)

desertboy
October 25th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I've used it since Azureus would never work properly on my Gutsy install, been using it 3 months now with no problems, crashes or anything. Not bothered about how much ram it uses to some extent as I have 2 gig.

I wouldn't use Utorrent as I try to use native linux apps as much as possible.

sayuki288
October 25th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I use deluge too it's my replacement for utorent in linux :)

Rajca
October 25th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I use Deluge. Azureus on my PC works incorrectly, kTorrent crashes, Deluge works great. Thanks for information about new release.
Deluge is the best for my desktop, fast as can be(my connection is only 256) and perfectly integrates with gnome.

ubukool
October 25th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I really like deluge, it's now my main torrent client :)

Thank you all you developers for giving us such great software. Open source rocks :guitar:

HappyFeet
October 25th, 2007, 06:59 PM
i enabled the blocklist importer, but how do i add a blocklist? i downloaded the level 1 blocklist from bluetack. thanks.

Skorzen
October 25th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I use it everyday.

aktiwers
October 25th, 2007, 08:34 PM
i enabled the blocklist importer, but how do i add a blocklist? i downloaded the level 1 blocklist from bluetack. thanks.

Just download the .txt file and import it.. I have attached it if you cant find it.

Just tried to upload it.. but its 9mb so I cant.

Spike-X
October 26th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know why I can't find the Scheduler plugin listed? I'm running 0.5.4.1.

Ub1476
October 26th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I use Deluge now, but it seems like it's sucking my bandwidth. I get a download speed on 100-150kb/s usualy, and when I browse the web it goes really slow. Same speed in ktorrent, but browsing went much faster. Why is this?

mysticmatrix
October 26th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I use deluge on daily basis for our internal tracker at LAN.
Our proxy still won't allow anything(except Bitpsirit seems to work)

Polygon
October 26th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Does anyone know why I can't find the Scheduler plugin listed? I'm running 0.5.4.1.

maybe try installing the latest release, its up to 5.6 now

craigyjack
October 26th, 2007, 09:11 PM
great, i just installed the new version 5.6, and now deluge crashes when i start it :( im gonna be gone this weekend, was gonna let it runs and dld my stuff, now i cant :(

Ramo666
October 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM
yes deluge still the best one but after getting a n accidental reboot
reinsall or remove the program does'nt correct any thing please help

quixotic-cynic
October 26th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Deluge +1

quixotic-cynic
October 26th, 2007, 09:56 PM
great, i just installed the new version 5.6, and now deluge crashes when i start it :( im gonna be gone this weekend, was gonna let it runs and dld my stuff, now i cant :(

Just remove the new version and install the older version from http://download.deluge-torrent.org/index.php?dir=ubuntu/gutsy/. Do dpkg -i filename.deb from the download directory like usual for a non-repo package.

quixotic-cynic
October 26th, 2007, 10:00 PM
yes deluge still the best one but after getting a n accidental reboot
reinsall or remove the program does'nt correct any thing please help

Have you tried purging the config files and program ( sudo aptitude purge deluge-torrent), deleting ~/.config/deluge then reinstalling?

Spike-X
October 26th, 2007, 10:35 PM
maybe try installing the latest release, its up to 5.6 now

That worked, thanks!

nismoskys
October 26th, 2007, 10:53 PM
azureus was great on windows but horribly slow on linux.. deluge is a great (+Fast) replacement

ubunter1
October 27th, 2007, 01:50 AM
i used ktorrent before and was good,but i just upped to gutsy and installed deluge i like it so far but have two simple questions to solve.1(noob like here)- when i set my download folder in preferences it always takes me back to the my name folder instead of the one i want which is inside my home folder in places-home- wbva. pic attached. the second is more important which is to minimise the deluge i want it to go into the top right corner tab bar,so that its not in the bottom window bar.any way to fix these?.thanks for the help.rp

NeoDesign
October 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I just installed Deluge yesterday, and it is a great replacement for the bloated Azureus. I was just wondering ... does Deluge have the option (like Azureus does) of checking for new torrents in a designated folder, and auto-starting their download.

This is a really neat option for me, I just find the torrent file (when I'm at work), and place it via scp on my computers /newTorrents/ folder.
Azureus would then check (every 5 mins. or so) and start their download. Pretty cool.

ahaslam
October 28th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah, quite impressed, I especially like the blocklist plugin.
Strangely, seeding slows down once all files are received...

digger95
October 28th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I tried Deluge myself and loved the download speeds, but what really irritated me is that everytime I restarted it, the columns got all screwy and I had to reset them everytime to make them readable. Has this been resolved? Thanks! Dig

PartisanEntity
October 28th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I installed Deluge in Gutsy, opened ports in Firestarter and on the router, but can't get any connections going (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=595147). It can't even see any peers.

cnelson26
October 28th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah deluge is great except:

Lately for some reason when I start the program it immediately quits. Can't get it to start...have tried rebooting my computer, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc, still nothin.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Polygon
October 28th, 2007, 11:19 PM
try deleting ~/.config/deluge

sometimes the config files cause deluge to crash if its the config from a previous release being used between two different releases

Caraibes
October 28th, 2007, 11:19 PM
I use Transmission. It feels really light-weight... But Deluge is good too !

chacham23
October 28th, 2007, 11:51 PM
trying to install the newest deluge on gusty but...
cant start deluge.. tried to remove and install again several of times!

some help pleaseeeeeeee :(

WinterWeaver
October 29th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I also used to use Azureus. Then with Gutsy, I thought, ah well... lets see what everone is on about... so I installed Deluge, and woot, I'm happy ^_^

eriqk
October 29th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Installed Gutsy last week, and installed Deluge to see how it was. Seems very nice so far.

Groet, Erik

Dr. Cox
October 29th, 2007, 01:57 AM
I use it because azureus uses like 150+MB ram with java. Deluge runs est. 50MB and has encryption and IP blocking. All in same spot and runs faster and lighter... Whats not to love.

IP blocking? encryption? where do i activate this feature? i'm relatively new to torrents and i'm a wee bit worried about the procedure being safe and anonymous. anything else i need to consider?

but the download speeds with deluge don't seem to be so great.

cheers.

ahaslam
October 29th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I'm sure you've found the encryption options by now in the main preferences. For IP blocking enable the blocklist plugin & enter the address of your proffered list. Just remember that you'll still be far form anonymous.

odzx
October 30th, 2007, 12:06 PM
i have been using deluge for a while now. it used to be a little unstable and lacked some features. all of these problems where solved for me in the last couple of upgrades. deluge in now stable, lightweight, can finally scan folders for new torrent files (so i can use TED to look for new TV episodes) and most importantly, its fast and it does not chock my internet connection as badly as it did before.
in my opinion its the best [gui] bitorrent client for gnome!!

graabein
November 15th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Sounds great. I used Azureus earlier but I'll certainly try Deluge (and maybe Transmission) now that it looks more mature.

What I like in uTorrent (Windows, sorry) is the ability to label each torrent and filter on the label in addition to filter on status (sharing, downloading, seeding, stopped etc).

Does Deluge have labels?

Dr. Cox
November 16th, 2007, 11:18 AM
transmission has been mentioned before a few times. i think it is really lightweight and gives good download speeds. it now has some features that it previously lacked, e.g. you can hand-pick single files from a torrent without having to download the entire thing. as well, it pre-allocates the diskspace for downloaded files to minimize fragmentation.

however, i don't know about being anonymous usage? anyone have any experience how secure transmission is?
anyone heard of stealth-net? how to set it up?

cheers

stoodleysnow
November 16th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I use Deluge, it's fantastic. Keep developin'!

Ux64
November 18th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'm happy with Deluge. It took a while to learn how it works. There are also some wishes what should be developed.

Like / torrent ratio setting which really would work. (This is my priority one wish)

But in generic, it works pretty well. And there are many useful plugins.

I'm happy with it.

Btw. Synaptic doesn't provide latest version. It's good idea to get latest version from deluge site directly.

http://deluge-torrent.org/downloads-ubuntu

And yes, I'm using 64 bit version.

Nevon
November 18th, 2007, 04:43 PM
You know, for some reason I can't seem to find it in the repositories, even though I've enabled all categories. Also, when I try to install it from getdeb or directly from deluge-torrent.org, I cannot seem to meet the dependencies. Even if I install the package their nagging about, it still says I'm not meeting all the dependencies.
I'm on Xubuntu 7.10 btw.

Polygon
November 18th, 2007, 05:46 PM
it should be in multiverse/universe...are you sure your reloading when you change the repos?

zenwhen
November 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks to this thread, i just switched over to deluge. I am really liking this.

h377r1d3r
November 19th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Hi,
anyone else have this problem, deluge downloads twice as much for any torrent, for example for 2.7Mb file it would download 5Mb... etc...

Downloaded 2.7Mb (5Mb) <-- so during a session Deluge downloaded 5Mb, but the file is 2.7Mb

I have checked how long it took it to download this particular file and what was average speed, and it is not a misprint, it downloads twice as much as it should.

I have asked already on Deluge forums, but no one seams to care.

Any ideas?

Lostincyberspace
November 19th, 2007, 07:11 AM
haven't noticed that myself, kind of interesting though.

h377r1d3r
November 19th, 2007, 07:45 AM
The issue looks like this:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/h377r1d3r/deluge17655.jpg

Lostincyberspace (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=358688),
what plugins do u use?

--

btw i have cleaned up config and used default settings, no effect the same problem, even with newest revision svn 2262

cheers

Polygon
November 19th, 2007, 02:56 PM
submit a bug report, or just wait on the forums. The developers are now busier then ever with the popularity of deluge taking off, and i think they spend most of their time looking at the trac rather then the forums.

h377r1d3r
November 20th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Hi i have been told to use blocklist importer, it helps, it is still not perfect.

Would anyone knows of there is any difference between those 3 lists for blocklist importer?

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/nipfilter.dat.gz (Emule)
http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists (PeerGuardian text)
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/splist.zip (SafePeer)

kelvin spratt
November 20th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Safe peer is what the blue frog uses and in my opinion the best one, Also people are getting the wrong idea of IP, blockers they don't stop people from seeing you. They Block known bad IPs from downloading to you. It also slows your connection down, And your computer so unless you are downloading something illegal they are better disabled, And in any case your IP address is wide open with or without ip filters so they are still watching better to download 1 at a time and restart frequently, They track in blocks of IPs and stay locked on till a IP disconnects then move on.

K.Mandla
November 20th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I really like Deluge too, although I'm partial to rtorrent just because it's so much lighter. When I want a fully GTK2 desktop though, I go with Deluge.

And I wouldn't install Azureus to save my life. Or yours, for that matter. ;)

PmDematagoda
November 20th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I used Azureus for some time, but it simply gobbled up the resources and it doesn't work well in 64 bit, so I gave Deluge a try and it looks very nice, simple, customisable and does not gobble a lot of resources.

easyease
November 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM
deluge is ace, really fast and efficient.

sloggerkhan
November 20th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Is the deluge website down?

aktiwers
November 20th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Seams a bit slow, but working fine here
http://deluge-torrent.org/News:Portal

sloggerkhan
November 21st, 2007, 03:26 AM
Seams a bit slow, but working fine here
http://deluge-torrent.org/News:Portal

thanks.

Lividity
November 22nd, 2007, 10:08 AM
Switched due to this thread

I used rtorrent in a tilda window primarily but on some torrents I noticed I couldn't connect to peers that were out there. Also I had no p2p protection with rtorrent. I switched to ktorrent and I could connect to far more peers. Ktorrent wouldn't accept my gtk themes. This is a nice way to get away from ktorrent. Thanks for the tip.

sloggerkhan
November 25th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Yeah, it's either deluge or transmission if you want a GUI and use gnome.

prodigalson666
November 30th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Love deluge, works very well for me.

Mateo
November 30th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Nope. I've tried it. Web browsing becomes impossible when using Deluge (for me). I use command-line bittorrent inside a screen session. Then I use xterm and alltray. Works good for me.

Ux64
November 30th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Nope. I've tried it. Web browsing becomes impossible when using Deluge (for me). I use command-line bittorrent inside a screen session. Then I use xterm and alltray. Works good for me.

Please explain in detail. Becomes impossible? What do you mean by that? So we can solve your problem. I guess you got lousy computer or you have wrong network settings.

diskotek
November 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
i've been using deluge for few months and it really rocks, but i have problem now, and i can not launch it.

here is what haapened when i ru it trough terminal..
thanks in advance

Original exception was:
File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 136, in <module>
start_deluge()
File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 117, in start_deluge
interface = deluge.interface.DelugeGTK()
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py", line 54, in __init__
common.CONFIG_DIR)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/core.py", line 276, in __init__
self.sync(True)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/core.py", line 857, in sync
for torrent in self.state.torrents:
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

Lostincyberspace
November 30th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Try installing the new version if you haven't or reinstalling the old one if you have.

Hope that works.

thelatinist
November 30th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, Deluge seems to be the way to go to me. I tried several after switching to Linux in October. I had always used Azureus in Windows, but Deluge seems to be much faster and more stable and nearly feature-equivalent. I get good speeds with minimal resource usage.

thelatinist
November 30th, 2007, 09:34 PM

Perhaps you need to set a lower maximum download or upload rate? If Deluge is maxing out your bandwidth then it might make web browsing slow to a stop.

Vadi
November 30th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I use Deluge too. Great app, recommended it to a bunch of people too.

Ux64
December 1st, 2007, 04:08 AM
Perhaps you need to set a lower maximum download or upload rate? If Deluge is maxing out your bandwidth then it might make web browsing slow to a stop.

Or maybe he's having too many connections and some cheap crap firewall and it stumbles under load.

Seen that way too many times.

Limit upload & download speed to something like 80% of maximum of true bandwidth. Set maximum number of connections to something like 50. And disable DHT.

Then it should run ok with crappy firewall or router.

Interesting performance issue.

If there are over supply of resources I should see great download speed, if there is under supply of resources I should see full upload speed. But I don't get either. What is wrong?

http://picozilla.com/files/144938tscreenshotdeluge.jpeg (http://picozilla.com/en/144938/screenshotdeluge.png.html)

Discussion in Deluge Forum. (http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=815)

aktiwers
December 1st, 2007, 01:07 PM
I think I have the same problem.. like when seeding the upload seams to jump down a bit.

Mateo
December 1st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Please explain in detail. Becomes impossible? What do you mean by that? So we can solve your problem. I guess you got lousy computer or you have wrong network settings.

Meaning it takes about a minute to load Google.com or any other minimalistic web page. It uses all of my bandwith. And yes, I do set uploads at 20k, the same as I do every other torrent client i've used.

DJiNN
December 1st, 2007, 02:56 PM
i've been using deluge for few months and it really rocks, but i have problem now, and i can not launch it.

here is what haapened when i ru it trough terminal..
thanks in advance

Original exception was:
File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 136, in <module>
start_deluge()
File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 117, in start_deluge
interface = deluge.interface.DelugeGTK()
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py", line 54, in __init__
common.CONFIG_DIR)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/core.py", line 276, in __init__
self.sync(True)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/core.py", line 857, in sync
for torrent in self.state.torrents:
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

I've had a problem with Deluge at times, where it wouldn't start at all, and yet it had been running fine beforehand. I nailed it down to the fact that (For me anyway) if you're using either an external (USB etc) drive, whenever you re-boot the machine, you need to mount the external drive first, "Before" you run Deluge. Otherwise it'll just refuse to start.

All you have to do to mount the drive is double click on the icon of the particular drive that you want mounted & open up a window,,,, simple as that.

It may not be the same problem for you, but i thought i'd mention it just in case. :)

Good luck.......

DJiNN

Lostincyberspace
December 1st, 2007, 05:23 PM
Meaning it takes about a minute to load Google.com or any other minimalistic web page. It uses all of my bandwith. And yes, I do set uploads at 20k, the same as I do every other torrent client i've used.

Was it ever working right or did it start out working wrong. If the second is a yes then try a different version.

daynah
December 1st, 2007, 06:31 PM
Deluge started doing this thing (since I did a fresh install) where when I'm dling (even at just 5kb), the internet on our network goes insanely slow. Even if I pause all the downloads, everything is slush like. So, until I figure out what setting I've got wrong on there, I'll be using Ktorrent. On gnome. With the crashes. -_-'

Mateo
December 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
Was it ever working right or did it start out working wrong. If the second is a yes then try a different version.

I don't think it's working "wrong" at all. It's probably DHT that takes over my internet connection. That would explain why it doesn't slow down my browsing (as much, at least) with other clients. But if I turn off DHT then I've eliminated my main reason for using Deluge. It's probably just a case where the client is not for me.

Ux64
December 3rd, 2007, 06:16 AM
I don't think it's working "wrong" at all. It's probably DHT that takes over my internet connection. That would explain why it doesn't slow down my browsing (as much, at least) with other clients. But if I turn off DHT then I've eliminated my main reason for using Deluge. It's probably just a case where the client is not for me.

I use DHT only for a certain time like 15 minutes or so. When I have received sources using DHT I disable it. After that source exchange keeps me connected to new sources anyway. So I don't need DHT after initial peer lookup.

DHT can cause serious problem if you got lousy router as I mentioned. If it's not capable of taking care of all (UDP) traffic caused by DHT then you got a problem.

Thread about not starting problems: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=797

Deluge support: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewforum.php?f=7

And I found out that Deluge (BitTorrent) got a quite hefty overhead. http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=767 But I'm not sure if it's the same with all torrent clients? Is it? My uTorrent is still broken. Window is outside desktop area and I don't know how to recover it.

diskotek
December 7th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I've had a problem with Deluge at times, where it wouldn't start at all, and yet it had been running fine beforehand. I nailed it down to the fact that (For me anyway) if you're using either an external (USB etc) drive, whenever you re-boot the machine, you need to mount the external drive first, "Before" you run Deluge. Otherwise it'll just refuse to start.

All you have to do to mount the drive is double click on the icon of the particular drive that you want mounted & open up a window,,,, simple as that.

It may not be the same problem for you, but i thought i'd mention it just in case. :)

Good luck.......

DJiNN

thank you for advice... well i have an external usb drive also (however there is no file or something in it with deluge). i mounted it first (and actually its mounting automatically).

but nothing happened, i2m still receving same error...

mahousaru
December 10th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Is it best to get the latest version or is the one from the repo sufficient?

Polygon
December 10th, 2007, 02:41 PM
i say the latest version, the version in the repos wont be upgraded much if at all, and the deluge website provides debs so i say go for it. Each new version brings new features and bug fixes, whats not to like?

mahousaru
December 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM
That does make sense :) I think I will use the latest myself, but I was half thinking about the people I introduced to Ubuntu as one of the main selling points for them was that they only need to keep their eye on one thing for updates.

AlanRogers
December 10th, 2007, 02:54 PM
If you've never used it before, get the one from the repo. That'll make removing it easier if you don't like it. If you do, you can always look at upgrading from DEB or SVN later. Why make it more complicated?

zasf
December 10th, 2007, 03:48 PM

I love it, fast and simple. Keeps getting better at every release.

misfitpierce
December 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Yes Deluge has been talked about before on here. It is a great program.

mahousaru
December 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM
uPNP doesn't seem to work with the repo version, so the latest and greatest it is :)

graabein
December 14th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I just tried Deluge last night on a fresh Gutsy install, worked great, but today it doesn't work as it's supposed to. :(

The torrents go from 10-20 connections down to 0 and the status icons from play to paused. Likewise the announcement status is OK and sent... So I don't know what's wrong? Could it be as simple as a full hard drive?

Earlier I've been using uTorrent on Windows XP (fantastic application on a sub-par operating system ;-)) and before that I had Azureus on Ubuntu. Deluge really gave a good first impression. Hope it will continue to develop!

:KS:KS:KS

Update: Turns out the disk was full. LOL. Deluge should give a warning somewhere in the GUI that there's not enough room on disk.

billgoldberg
December 14th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I tried Deluge for a day. I downloaded 1 torrent successfully, all the other times deluges crashed and I had to ctrl+alt+backspace in order to use the OS again.

I know use ktorrent on gnome, its great and hasn't given me a problem at all. I find it to be the closest to utorrent (thats a good thing).

DJiNN
December 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I just tried Deluge last night on a fresh Gutsy install, worked great, but today it doesn't work as it's supposed to. :(

The torrents go from 10-20 connections down to 0 and the status icons from play to paused. Likewise the announcement status is OK and sent... So I don't know what's wrong? Could it be as simple as a full hard drive?

Earlier I've been using uTorrent on Windows XP (fantastic application on a sub-par operating system ;-)) and before that I had Azureus on Ubuntu. Deluge really gave a good first impression. Hope it will continue to develop!

:KS:KS:KS

It's most certainly a great program, but there seems to be a few things that need sorting out.

I've been using it for a few months without any problems, and it's worked fine, but recently it's been crashing VERY frequently and for no apparent reason.

Also, it's stopped downloading & keeps connecting & disconnecting all the time (thus never downloading).

This is even stranger as it was working so well before.

Now i've installed Azureus & it's working great, just like Deluge was before it started playing up.

So it's Azureus for a while i think, it's easy to use, looks good, works well & at the moment at least, it's not crashing! :)

DJiNN

katakaio
December 15th, 2007, 05:37 AM
I was a longtime uTorrent user on Windows before switching to Ubuntu. I never found a torrent client for Linux that was as light and had as many (useful) features as uTorrent. Once I tried Deluge, I knew I'd found it. And I heard that the devs were two guys from this forum? Way to go! Keep up the awesome work.

Gavla
December 15th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I was using vanilla Bittorrent in Windows, and when I went Ubuntu I chose this one.
And I wasted about half of my bandwidth limit last month because if there's some sort of crash in Deluge (or the whole system), I lose all the progress made since I last quit and started it up again.
But I know now to quit and start it again if I'm doing anything vaguely likely to cause issues, so I'll be fine.

sloggerkhan
December 15th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I was using vanilla Bittorrent in Windows, and when I went Ubuntu I chose this one.
And I wasted about half of my bandwidth limit last month because if there's some sort of crash in Deluge (or the whole system), I lose all the progress made since I last quit and started it up again.
But I know now to quit and start it again if I'm doing anything vaguely likely to cause issues, so I'll be fine.

That's really weird.
I did notice once that if I accidentally set it to download to a location I didn't have write access to, it would take a couple minutes to notice. However, the amount of data it might have been caching before write seems like it wasn't more than a few mb, tops, so it surprises me that you could lose that much progress.

Gavla
December 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I get the feeling that it might have written the data, but lost its place in the placeholder file it sets up so that you don't fill in the disk space it needs to finish downloading.

mmb1
December 15th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I was looking for a decent bittorrent program for linux, and having found this thread, I think I may have a winner.

goodgod75
December 24th, 2007, 04:40 PM
My downloads will pause and reset itself every 15 seconds. Does anybody else have problems like this with deluge?

Ux64
December 31st, 2007, 07:43 AM
My downloads will pause and reset itself every 15 seconds. Does anybody else have problems like this with deluge?

Nope, are you sure that you aren't using old version? 0.5.8 is latest.

robertmf
December 31st, 2007, 08:35 PM
deluge I used with nice success in Edgy & Feisty, but appears broken in Gutsy ... I am currently using minimalist 'transmission' as client.

Encoders mencoder and ffmpeg now work for me in Gutsy, as does tovid cli. Still no luck with devede.

Perfect Storm
December 31st, 2007, 08:41 PM
Tryt the latest then instead of the one in the repo. There's ubuntu packages on deluge home-page.

Enginirical
January 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
I spent ages, and I mean AGES searching forums and the net for a decent torrent client, everyone was banging on about Deluge so I tried it....and I just didnt get on with it!

Eventually I found this...

http://qbittorrent.sourceforge.net/

I tried it and found it to be awesome, best thing I have tried so far. Itś not overcomplicated, it just works, and itś fast and doesnt infringe on performance of other applications. It has directory scanning with automated download of torrents inside so no manual jumping around torrent sites. It has 5 major search engines pre-installed with loads of plugins available to expand this. All in all I would recommend you at least try it, you never know there might actually be more than just deluge out there!

Here´s a blog review that gives a more detailed comparison with other clients : http://tuxoblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Reviews

gfg
January 2nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Deluge is great. I use it all the time. It's updated frequently and has all the features I need.

Famous Mortimer
January 3rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
I'm having a problem with Deluge at the moment, which may be more to do with my ISP. I noticed the DL speeds were a little down, so I checked and the port I'm using is, apparently, closed. I didn't do anything to it to set it this way, so I'm guessing it's my ISP being a naughty 'un. Any suggestions? Should I set it to use a different port every time?

aktiwers
January 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Have you turned on the encryption? That gets around my ISP.. and they shape the connection pretty bad.

MangasColoradas
January 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
I'm having a problem with Deluge at the moment, which may be more to do with my ISP. I noticed the DL speeds were a little down, so I checked and the port I'm using is, apparently, closed. I didn't do anything to it to set it this way, so I'm guessing it's my ISP being a naughty 'un. Any suggestions? Should I set it to use a different port every time?

Change it to a port that isnt usually associated with torrents? Avoid 6881 - 6999 or whatever they are.

Deluge is great BTW. :)

Famous Mortimer
January 3rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Cheers for that Mangas, I'll give it a go. Ports were always the thing that confused me the most with Windows and downloading.

Ux64
January 7th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Have you turned on the encryption? That gets around my ISP.. and they shape the connection pretty bad.

I wouldn't tolerate that kind of stealing and lying operator.

If I pay 200€ / month for my 100 Mbit connection unmetered connection, it means that it's unmetered and unlimited. If they would limit it somehow, I simply would change ISP. It'll take more than a week and I could greatly enjoy from new customer benefits. So I should change ISP every now and then just to save money.

aktiwers
January 7th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't tolerate that kind of stealing and lying operator.

If I pay 200€ / month for my 100 Mbit connection unmetered connection, it means that it's unmetered and unlimited. If they would limit it somehow, I simply would change ISP. It'll take more than a week and I could greatly enjoy from new customer benefits. So I should change ISP every now and then just to save money.

It's because the internet is included in my rent and its also a 100mbit line, and those are hard to get around here.. then I would have to order another one on 20mbit and pay about $80 for it. I choose the free fast internet :)

But I get your point, I wouldnt tolerate it either if it wasnt 'free'.

tonycm1
January 9th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Anyone ever seen this error before with synaptic and deluge?

E: deluge-torrent: subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 139

I've tried posting this before but nothing has worked to fix it.... it appears as though deluge-torrent has really messed up my synaptic :( any ideas on how I can fix this (ie. remove this) so I can do a fresh install with the newest version? :confused:

Edit:

sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/deluge* fixed the problem :)

C14rk3y
February 24th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I'm having trouble reseeding torrents I already have, regardless of the torrent client I'm using (deluge is what I prefer. I'm using v0.5.8.4).

No matter where the .torrent is or the files I have are, I get the same result. It goes through quick check and starts at 0% finished, putting a new folder in the existing one. I've tried "starting torrents in pause", moving .torrents and files, other clients....

I should be able to just point to where the files are and the client should re hash check it on its own.

Cant seem to find the answer anywhere, please help!. Thanks.

icechen1
February 24th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Me! :)

jargs
February 24th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Can Deluge act as a tracker so you can host files?

Edit: Found my answer, guess i'll stick with Azureus.

Ux64
February 29th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Why do you need tracker? Deluge supports trackerless mode, and you can also create torrents without tracker.

Afaik, all current proper torrent implementations support trackerless mode.

graabein
February 29th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I can't understand the seeding regime in Deluge. I just downloaded a basketball game from a forum that uses ratio so naturally I want it to seed for a while, but Deluge just pops to the bottom of the torrent list and don't seed at all. I manually have to queue it to the top.

Isn't it common practice to seed a while after download is complete? How can I tell Deluge to do this?

:confused:

LoSt180
March 15th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I can't understand the seeding regime in Deluge. I just downloaded a basketball game from a forum that uses ratio so naturally I want it to seed for a while, but Deluge just pops to the bottom of the torrent list and don't seed at all. I manually have to queue it to the top.

Isn't it common practice to seed a while after download is complete? How can I tell Deluge to do this?

:confused:

I'm not at home at the moment, but click Preferences > Seeding Tab; There's options that you can check (or uncheck) that auto queue completed downloads to the bottom. And you can set a desire share ratio if you want and have Deluge auto-clear the torrent when it's reached.
Also when you set up your max up-load speed, a max active torrents was included. So if you have a lot of torrents running, it might explain why the ones at the bottom don't seem to be doing anything.

buc123
March 16th, 2008, 09:11 PM
my Deluge doesn`t use all bandwidth..
when i switch to utorrent on windows it works faster (

Vadi
March 16th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Try going to the network preferences, and enable random ports.

buc123
March 16th, 2008, 10:20 PM
it took time to "warm up"))
now it is almost at max speed :)

Ux64
March 17th, 2008, 07:39 AM
it took time to "warm up"))
now it is almost at max speed :)

There is also another point.

Most of P2P programs include overhead to statistics. But Deluge doesn't. So it's clear that if overhead isn't included, you're not going to get as high rates but actually downloads are still as fast.

This was quite a supprise to me before I got it. So another torrent client might show 70 KB/s and Deluge 50 KB/s but both are actually downloading as fast.

tmafcerqueira
July 13th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know if it supports SSL torrents?

kbtarl
October 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Actually thats one of the things I forgot to mention!

My ISP has some evil Packet Shaping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_shaping) going on here, and the only way for me to use Torrents was to encrypt the connection. I used to do that with Azureus, but did never get really good speeds.

Now with the Deluge encryption I get 4 times better speed (from 500KiB/s with Azureus, to 2.5MiB/s with Deluge), which makes me conclude that Deluge has a lot better encryption than Azureus.

Woah!

How do you encrypt deluge?

Catarina
October 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I do, and I've got nothing to complain about. Downloads much faster than Transmission and it's interface is simpler than KTorrent and Azureus. Simply the best :KS

scouser73
November 27th, 2009, 05:07 AM
I love Deluge

ksennin
November 27th, 2009, 05:24 AM
I use deluge almost exclusively these days for torrents. I was a utorrent user in my days as a mostly-windows user but my ISP provider seems to have been capping its performance. Deluge however, uses all of my available bandwidth. Thumbs up from me.

aktiwers
November 27th, 2009, 05:27 AM
necromancy alert! :D

I still love Deluge! Awesome app :)

Giant Speck
November 27th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I use Deluge in both Ubuntu and Windows.

Exodist
November 27th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Deluge looks very nice.

Here is a link to their main homepage = http://deluge-torrent.org/

infestor
November 27th, 2009, 07:47 PM
(µTorrent! too bad there is no linux port)

yes i also like deluge