PDA

View Full Version : Distrowar Protest

LaRoza
October 15th, 2007, 12:57 PM
There are many posts expressing hate/dislike/disdain for particular distributions. I would like to take this moment to tell everyone that we are almost always using the SAME operating system and such wars should not be so heated. To remedy this situation, I suggest we all take the time to say something we like about a distro we would normally criticise.

In this thread, do not say anything negative about the distro(s). The mere fact you are saying something nice about it tells use you dislike it. Also, don't say anything that is an insult to the users, such as: "Its so easy a monkey could do it", and don't say anything trivial as in: "I like the font on their website", because that implies everything else is bad.

If you wish to provide distros you recommend, include only the distro names in parentheses at the end of your post.

t0p
October 15th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Okay, I'll be nice...

SimplyMEPIS: being a Gnome fan, it was interesting trying out the KDE interface for a change. In fact, it made me think that when I upgrade to Gutsy, I may give Kubuntu a spin.

Perpetual
October 15th, 2007, 01:26 PM
PCLOS, was the first distro to really move me away from windows because it worked which allowed me to spend more time getting used to linux. Since then I have moved on to other distros but only have the confidence that I gained when using PCLOS.

LaRoza
October 15th, 2007, 01:43 PM
PCLinuxOS: A good looking, easy to use distro that I recommend to some beginners. A familar and comforting interface it has.

notwen
October 15th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Gentoo: The best documentation possible for a Linux distro. =]